2pm Ultimate Frisbee in the English Garden · Sun 16.Dec.2018 @ Location 1

516 posts in this topic

What? Ultimate Frisbee.

No really, what? Basically it involves throwing and catching a frisbee while running about, generally with a collective visit to the beer garden afterwards. Absolute beginners are very welcome, the game is really easy to pick up and it's a great way to get fit. If you can throw a frisbee and run about a bit you'll do fine. Take a look here for more about the game: Ultimate Frisbee - Wikipedia.

Who plays? Toytowners and friends of all ages, nationalities and abilities. See: Frisbee people.

How can I join? Post on the Facebook page (below) and then just turn up!. It doesn't cost anything and everyone is welcome. Play every session, play once a week, turn up and give it a go but don't bother again - whatever you fancy.

When? We usually play Sundays at 2pm (4pm in the summer when it’s hotter) and Wednesdays at 6pm, April through October. Note that it is important to check the Facebook group (below) the previous day for up-to-date information, especially on hot or rainy days. If you don't have internet access over the weekend PM TT member jayhay for his mobile phone number.

Where? We play at one of two locations in the English Garden (see below). We change venue depending on the time of year: the Giselastrasse location is easier to get to, but it gets so busy during summer that it's impossible to find space. Check the thread for confirmation.

• nr. Giselastrasse: Marked as "1" on the map. Generally we go to the Chinese Tower beer garden afterwards.
  • nr. Biergarten "Hirschau": Marked as "2" on the map. Generally we go to the Hirschau beer garden afterwards.

The weekly games are organised in the Facebook group: TT Ultimate Frisbee Munich

Update June 2011:

The 2011 season kicked off in April and we're currently playing twice weekly in the English Garden.

Each game is now organised as an event on the Facebook group, so let us know you're coming!

We're also about to order TT ultimate discs with our logo printed on them.

They cost €10,- apiece, more info here!

I had a great time and I can still walk today (sort of)

Will join again for sure

Sunday, July 10th the game will be at location 2 @15:00. Why 3PM? Because there is a Women's World Cup game at 17:30 USA vs. Brazil.

If Hirschau isn't showing the game, we will try the Chinese Tower (which is showing all the games).

The forecast says it will be hot, so bring water and consider jumping in the river afterwards!

The new discs are expected to have arrived too, so send a message to Mook32 asking him to bring one for you, specify the color and bring 10€.

Why did we change to 4:00PM again? We must enjoy the rain.

See you all there.

Sweet. I'd love to join you guys sometime. I'm checking out a TT soccer meetup near by so maybe I can swing both.