Where to find a Sales-Job without German

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

my boyfriend, South African with British passport, would really like to move to Germany. Obviously he wants to find a good job before doing so, but he doesn't speak any German yet. What he would be looking for would be a sales-job, maybe for a company which deals with English speaking countries or where the company language is actually English. It should be anywhere around Hannover, Hamburg or Bremen area.

Now i guess most of you have jobs here, so maybe you have an idea which companies would be worth contacting or which jobs could also be interesting? I was thinking that he could maybe start off as an English-Teacher until his German is at least okay, but read here that this can be quite dodgy and he obviously would like to earn quite well. I guess he would look to earn at least 30-40k for a start.

So I would be very grateful for any tips you might have.

Cheers :-) Nikks

You are aiming high!

80% of the German population would like as much as that. If he finds that job, please tell.

He will have to learn German if he wants to go into Sales there are not enough English speakers here to help him reach 40k .And how can he be an English Teacher if he cannot speak German ?Think hard before you move! tell him to come over for a small Holiday and see for himself

Well, I suggest that he register to websites like Monster.com, where he can actually search for jobs in any area and country. He can also make a resume on his profile which can be accessible to companies.