Two teens arrested for beating man to death

195 posts in this topic

Two German teenagers were arrested Saturday after beating a 50-year-old man to death at a regional express train station in Munich, police have confirmed.

According to witnesses, "two youths aged 17 and 18 threatened a group of younger teenagers, demanding money, and a 50-year-old man became involved trying to calm down things," police spokesman Andreas Ruch said.

Once they and the man had left the train, two youths then attacked him for interfering, "jumping on him and beating him up," Ruch said.

The man was left on the ground, unconscious, and the emergency services were called to the scene at the Solln train station.

120 words remaining. Click to read the full article.

post-16-12529093822281_thumb.jpg

Perhaps is time to allow law adiding citizens to carry weapons and adopt Texas justice - it may be the first step in ridding Germany of its scum like those mentioned above.

The fact that they have criminal records for a number of offences is evident they are not fit to live amongst the civilized and should be exterminated.

Why will they be charged with "attempted murder" when the victim died from his injury?

Read this SPIEGEL article and you´ll see the difference between proper journalism and "information" provided by The Local :

Justiz ermittelt wegen Mordes gegen S-Bahn-Schläger

Die Ermittler wollen Härte beweisen: Nach der tödlichen Prügelattacke auf einen 50-Jährigen in der Münchner S-Bahn will der Staatsanwalt die zwei jugendlichen Tatverdächtigen wegen Mordes belangen. Die mutmaßlichen Täter schweigen bisher zu den Vorwürfen.

Quite a shock when I heard about this this morning.

It's going to be interesting what comes out about the perpetrators of this over the next while.

The S7 is hardly the "crime line" of Munich.

The worst offence I'd expect there would be wearing a polo shirt in a shade of pink that is so last summer.

If I had my friggin' way I'd put the teenagers parents' in jail too giving them some culpability for this murder.

Why will they be charged with "attempted murder" when the victim died from his injury?

It´s not "attempt murder", it´s "murder".

What caused this insury? To qualify for murder to victim does not have to die immediatly. The fact that the prosecutor said was that they stopped beating the men as he laid on the floor and then they continued beating him again, so it was not an action in emotion. (which would be manslaughter/second degree murder/Totschlag).

What I dont understand is that the article states the two "are likely to be charged with attempted murder" The guy is dead. whats with the "attempted murder"? They succeeded in killing him.

Would this mean they could successfully use as a defence they are not guilty of attempted murder 'cos they succeeded?!!!

If I had my friggin' way I'd put the teenagers parents' in jail too giving them some culpability for this murder.

Why in the world would you want to charge the parents, and with what crime would you charge the parents? :unsure:

The perpetrators are going to be charged with murder. Too bad they won't get a life sentence.

The fact that they have criminal records for a number of offences is evident they are not fit to live amongst the civilized and should be exterminated.

Since they cannot be repatriated to a different country this is obviously the only solution*. Society has to realize that it's not ethnicity that turns kids to drugs and crime, it's society itself. It's sickening that anybody that young has nothing better to do than ruin his mind with drugs and then go out and commit crimes.

*insert sarcasm smilie at will

the perps are 17 and 18, will they be charged as adults?

here's hoping that they get put away for a long time; they have bad criminal histories already, this is certainly not a first offence.

post-2148-12529116444587_thumb.jpg

They are known violent criminals and drug offenders, one of them lives in the Condrobs house further up the line and is a native of Solln. The 18-year-old may be judged under adult law, depending on his mental maturity. Since his brain has gone to mush due to drugs probably not.

Germany does not need harsher laws, it needs to apply the existing ones consequently.

Article in the Süddeutsche Zeitung about the crime itself

Über die beiden mutmaßlichen Täter ist bislang noch nicht viel bekannt: Sie stammen aus München, beide sind arbeitslos und wurden in der Vergangenheit bereits strafrechtlich belangt. Der ältere wegen Diebstahl, gefährlicher Körperverletzung und räuberischer Erpressung, der jüngere wegen zwei Fällen von Diebstahl. Bei der Polizei gaben die beiden zunächst an, dass es zu einer Auseinandersetzung gekommen sei. Auf Anraten ihrer Verteidiger machen sie nun aber keine Angaben mehr zum Geschehen. Der 18-Jährige war während der Tat alkoholisiert, es wurde ein Promillewert von 0,89 gemessen.

Online article about the kids:

Er war in einer Einrichtung für drogenabhängige Jugendliche untergebracht, das von Condrobs geleitet wird. Das Haus liegt nur zwei Stationen stadteinwärts vom Tatort. Das "Easy Contact Haus" ist ein freundliches, etwas abgewohntes Gebäude mit einem Birnbaumspalier an der Front, einem verwaisten Autositz im Gras und einer verrosteten Klingel am Wegesrand, auf der kein Name steht. Eine therapeutische Wohngemeinschaft für Jugendliche, mit Drogenproblemen und "psychosozialen Schwierigkeiten". Der zweite Täter Markus Sch. wohnt in Johanneskirchen.

Attempted murder, now honestly, what is that? Do they give a Nobel Prize for attempted chemistry?

Is there any information about what time of the day this happened? I'm assuming it was rather late night... but I'm interested for my own safety... I always try to avoid public transportation after as early as 9 or 10pm... so wondering if this happened earlier than that? Later? Scary! I live in solln! I've called the police already a few times due to dumb teenagers "hanging around" out on the bench by Wolfratshauser Strasse drunk and loud! Where the HECK are the parents of these kids!