Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Public transport tickets to Munich Airport

66 posts in this topic

O.K, a really quick one as I have to leave for the airport in 20 minutes. I remember reading a thread somewhere about the cheapest way to get to the airport and various ticket combinations for the MVV were suggested... I'm coming from the Innenraum - does anyone know what the cheapest tickets to buy are?

I don't have any tickets - didn't buy my monthly ticket this month as I'm not in Munich for most of it!! Which is why I don't know which tickets to buy... I'm starting at the very edge of the Innenraum in Aubing (ring 4?) but have to go right through the twon centre on the S8 as the S1 is doing funny things again... Vaguely recall it having something to do with buying a Tageskarte for the Innenraum and then something else... :blink:

Edit: Pootle, just me...

gesamtnetz tagesticket (€9,00). gets you there and back and is an all- day pass too.

do you have a week/month ticket for the whole innenraum, so rings 1-4, then you can probably buy a gesamtnetztagesticket AUßENRAUM. don't remember the price though.

i use the gesamtnetz tagesticket every 2 weeks when i go direction of airport. even if you start at the outside, you have to pay for every ring you cross.

If your travelling alone

Single Tageskarte Gesamtnetz (8 euro I think)

or if theres more than 1 person

Partner Tageskarte Gesamtnetz (can’t remeber but around 16 euro)

And you can always (purely theoretically - cause this is not very legal and they will screw you if you get caught) sell them @ the Airport if you have time cause there vaild for the whole day until 3am tommorow morning ;)

Yesterday I went from Ring 3 to the airport via S8. Although I had a Monthly ticket for 3 rings, I bought a Partner Ticket for €16 at Ostbanhof -- I think it's valid for up to 4 or 5 people?

Anyway, picked up my friend from the airport and she had no tickets, so it's good for the way down too. But if I was travelling alone, was thinking of getting a Streifticket, then get down at the edge of Ring 3 to punch some tickets to save costs...

Any advice -- what I should no next time? :unsure:

I seem to remember it being cheaper to buy a Tageskarte for the Innenraum and then another ticket for the remaining bit... anyone any experience with that?

no that was if you already had a weekly/monthly pass for Innenraum I think.

Tageskarte (9 eur)is an all day pass but its unlikely you will need it more than once today if you are flying so I would go for single 4 zones (8.40 eur).

have a nice flight

I think that was something I mentioned ages ago -

I live in Ring 3, so stamp 1 stamp to get to ring 4. Aussenraum starts after that so I just get an Aussenraum Tageskarte for 1 person, which costs €4.50 (same as the Innenraum ticket).

Prices went up in April so may cost more now.

Sorry this may be too late now for you!

Yesterday I went from Ring 3 to the airport via S8. Although I had a Monthly ticket for 3 rings, I bought a Partner Ticket for €16 at Ostbanhof -- I think it's valid for up to 4 or 5 people?

if you don't have a month/week ticket for rings 1-4, then you get no credit for the ticket you possess. i actually went to the MVV office to clear this up when I started heading to the airport frequently and i usually have a week ticket w/rings 1-2.

I seem to remember it being cheaper to buy a Tageskarte for the Innenraum and then another ticket for the remaining bit... anyone any experience with that?

to go the airport? no, single tageskarte for innenraum is €4,50. außenraum is also €4,50.

Tageskarte (9 eur)is an all day pass but its unlikely you will need it more than once today if you are flying so I would go for single 4 zones (8.40 eur).

agreed, if you have no ticket whatsoever and you're going one way, then a streifenkarte (8 stripes) is the cheapest alternative. when bf and i head to airport, we buy the gesamtnetzpartnerticket for €16, then sell it at the airport.

when bf and i head to airport, we buy the gesamtnetzpartnerticket for €16, then sell it at the airport.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey elfenstar, how do you sell it at the airport, you approach strangers at the S-bahn station? That's a good idea, must try that some time. How much do you get for the €16 ticket usually?

I live in Ring 3, so stamp 1 stamp to get to ring 4. Aussenraum starts after that so I just get an Aussenraum Tageskarte for 1 person, which costs €4.50 (same as the Innenraum ticket).

actually the Munich XXL ticket might be the best for you, covers rings 1-8 (white and green), costs €6. a stripe on a streifenkarte is, um €2 now (?) so you might save .50 cents! day tickes haven't gone up in price.

Hey elfenstar, how do you sell it at the airport, you approach strangers at the S-bahn station? That's a good idea, must try that some time. How much do you get for the €16 ticket usually?

i just look for people who are at the ticket machines and ask what kind of ticket they are going to buy, that i have a gesamtnetz ticket. if they're going into mu-city, then i just ask for €5 for a single, €10 for partners (w/partnertix of course). i used to do that too on my wknd commute from stuttgart. i always had a day pass, then at the hbf, i would stop at the tix machines and sell my day pass for €2 or so. (always looked for the hard-up student types)

Yeah but the airport is in ring 16 or something so that's not enough...

this response wasn't to the person heading to the airport. they were talking about the 1 stamp to the außenraum, then the außenraum ticket. it is so confusing. :blink:

my question to all y'all out there:

i've got a week tix for rings 1-2, but occasionally have to slip into ring 3, which is rare, but to go to the butterfly exhibit i had to. what kind of ticket should i have bought?

oh and did y'all know that if you "use" the u- or s-bahn platforms, but not the trains, that you have to pay .20 cents or so? bf and i read this the other day in the s-bahn when the new prices came out.

this response wasn't to the person heading to the airport. they were talking about the 1 stamp to the außenraum, then the außenraum ticket. it is so confusing.  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You quoted something I said when I was talking about the airport.. so the XXL ticket wouldnt work, just the Aussenraum ticket for €4.50.

i just look for people who are at the ticket machines and ask what kind of ticket they are going to buy, that i have a gesamtnetz ticket. if they're going into mu-city, then i just ask for €5 for a single, €10 for partners (w/partnertix of course). i used to do that too on my wknd commute from stuttgart. i always had a day pass, then at the hbf, i would stop at the tix machines and sell my day pass for €2 or so. (always looked for the hard-up student types)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did that also quite often with my XXL-Karte. Sold it for half the price.

so if i have a monthly gesamtnetz ticket then i'm legal to go to the airport, right?

if i use that card to go to the airport to pick someone up... i should have them get a streifenkarte and stamp 8 spots to get back to ring 1?

do you think thats the best way?

If yor monthly gesamtnetz ticket is an Isarcard 9uhr, then yes but it's only valid after 9am. 8 stripes on the streifenkarte is about 8 Eur. A one way ticket is cheaper. Or if they are going to travel back into town then a Tageskarte gesamtnetz is a better deal.