Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Did Jesus exist?

157 votes

1. 1. Did Jesus exist?

• Yes as a real person
    • Yes as the Son of God
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

99 posts in this topic

Ok, these are the basics...

Mary wasn't shagged (yeah right).

But she was pregnant.

Gabriel spun her a good tale that Joseph would swallow

Joseph gets carried away, tells all his mates down the boozer.

Jesus is born, but Joseph wants to believe the child is his.

life goes on.

Jesus grows up, Joseph is still swallowing the story. Jesus starts preaching the word of god and about his miraculas conception

Now honestly, none of us like the idea of our dear mothers having rampant sex... but to turn it into religeon that is still argued over 2000 years later is a bit over the top.

... and as for heaven and hell, whats the difference? Satan is supposed to be an angel sent by god to tempt Jesus, so if you go to Satans party, thats just a spin off from St. Peters party, both are servants of God!!!

So all you satanists out there, you're really worshipping God by proxy!

Geneologies are frowned upon in the scriptures. I can't find the verse but, hey, if you want to trace yourself back to your ape beginnings that's ok. :rolleyes:

post-369-1145034481.jpg

/tongue in cheek here. Just finding something to take me from the kitchen while the ladies cook our Last Supper celebration. :ph34r:

Heres what we used to do to celebrate Easter, :D don`t worry the guy on the cross was only a Transport Wally, not one of the up front in your face fighting men. See if you can spot me. I had hair then. :blink:

post-5131-1145038148.jpg

What unit is that? Looks like RSDGs, Apologies if I'm wrong.

We used to do something similier to our slop-jockies when they served up below par slop :(

Quite right, well spotted that man! (Scots D.G`s is the abb ):blink: Before anybody thinks I spend all night on this thing, I don`t. I have to do a spot of driving this morning. :blink:

Did anybody else catch the "Passover Seder celebration" on TV Friday night?( GOD channel)

I came across it by chance and thought it might be interesting. The more I watched the more surreal it all became untill it clicked what was wrong.

It was being portrayed by Christians giving their own "Easter" interpretation to this Jewish festival.

It was very reminicent of wolves clothed in lamb skins.

Somehow the christians interwove their own new testment story of the Crucifiction into the fabric of this important Jewish historic event which celebrates God freeing Jews from exile and slavery in Egypt

This symbolic ceremony which has been kept in its purity since the real event happened became transformed into a Christian version of celebrating the death and resurrection of Christ. An event which is not part of the Jewish religious calender.

For those who are not aware -the format of the passover celebration pays tribute through a partial reinactment of this significant event. It incorporates the use of symbolic foods and wine plus the oral history of what occured during their liberation.

The Christian version followed exactly the same format with food and wine and the Jewish names for each stage of the celebration but ...with their own new testament interpretation of what each offering meant with Easter as the central theme.

I was left wondering how Christians would feel if Christmas was remade giving it an Islamic, Hindu or some other religious slant.

I cannot imagine the congregation tolerating well known and loved Christian rituals being denegrated by the beliefs of another religion.It seems such an arrogant and ignorant thing to do.

Christianty is a hybridised interpretation ( old testament) of the Torah -which depicts Gods covenant with the Jews. plus their grafted on version of Jesus and his teachings. Jews do not consider Jesus as "Holy or Gods son" but rather that he had been a mortal man

So to disrepect the original words given by God must be the ultimate sin in blasphemy

While I dont dispute both events probably occurred (and around the same time of the year), the exodus of Jews from Egypt or the life of a man called Jesus ... it does occur to me that the least we could do is show a little respect for them being totally separate events

It was almost enough to put me off enjoying my Hot Cross bun and marshmallow easter egg, in favour of donning a headscarf or obtaining a red dot

WOW...less than 20% of respondents think Jesus was the son of God...

Definately must not be a lot of Bush-style, right-wing Christian peeps answering here.

I think Jesus existed, and I think there is a lot of historical evidence to back this up..

I also think that he was merely the worlds most reknowned cult leader.. everything he did fits so well into this category and likewise, everything his disciples did fits so well into the typical mould of a cult member..

Go down to the Werkstatt Kino in Fraunhoferstrasse and watch the film "Cesky Sen".

Shows how gullible we can be.

May help a little towards putting the Jesus question in perspective..

Gary the Gnostic.

:ph34r:

I think I would be a fool to leave this thread alone, because I have some pretty strong beliefs in this area, and I think it is good to share certain things when possible if one thinks it will help others.

It is interesting how religious most people are, despite whether they go to church or not.

The fact that someone thinks that because I, for example, think about or indulge in sex a lot makes me a non-Christian, makes that person a religious person, because even so, you have a religious basis for viewing things, causing you to arrive at that perspective, church or not.

What is considered religion on earth is actually predominantly a culture or lifestyle.

I don't necessarily think this has anything to do with that very set of beliefs someone really and actually has in his or her heart, in fact, the very involvement or non-involvement in a religion can be based on guilt appeasement and be fed or driven by involvement in a fraternal body or fellowship which may be under the illusion that it is the right one.

It is my opinion that often times, people who call themselves Jesus people are far away from the whole concept of Jesus and what he stands/stood for in their focus and everyday priorities.

I don't really believe this character psioni on this board is a Christian. I think he or she spends far too much time rationalizing his/her stance, in self-defense, where energy should actually be focused towards the greatness of Christ in that person's life, if Christ is really in that person's life.

Assuming that the whole Jesus thing is true and alive in that person's life (psioni or whomever), message number one should be about a redeemer and how great that redeemer is.

In the States for example, a lot of the message is more about protecting oneself, and not helping others (to mention one of a cornucopia of diversions from my version of Christ's message that people in the States who call themselves "Christian" have gone away from).

If these people were to actually read, believe and be touched by what is on the page and follow it, their number one effort would be to tell others about some groovy way to get close to a God through a redeemer.

Instead, they spend all of their time and energy and attention trying to justify a package of beliefs and a lifestyle which is not based on the image of Jesus Christ which I know, but on furthering some kind of political agenda, and in so doing, causing many to hate anything branded with the label "Christian" or "Christ".

To get back to the topic, I do believe Jesus existed.

I also believe that God exists. For me it is pretty simple, birds, like humans, are stupid, but beautiful, and I think a higher power used/uses evolution to craft things.

Also, it makes sense to me that an intended being like a Jesus Christ would provide access to a higher power, that higher power realizing that humans have a tough time being perfect. Also, I think many things in the Bible are true, but there is a lot of fluff there too, and the people who claim they believe the whole Bible haven't really addressed certain obvious questions and discrepancies therein.

Also, having said that, I think that if someone claims to be an atheist and is basing their non-belief on discrepancies in The Bible, that is a pretty thin thread to hang life on.

I also believe probably most of the people in the States claiming to be the "right" group of people and saying they are Christians are not God's people at all.

Anyway, so I think Jesus existed.

He was probably not at all attractive like in those long-hair shots in most churches around the world, but was probably ragtag and smelly, but he definitely had some helpful things to convey during his time here on earth. Simple redemption being one of them.

@Tomasina

Quite simply the best post you have ever made. We now know why you were trying to improve your jizz. ;)

I will take it a step further and say it is perhaps one of the best posts ever. I will have to read it another two or three times to be sure, but with the first reading I was too busy thinking "no way Tomasino posted this"!

The existance of Jesus is directly proportional to the number of tits I will jizz on.

I also beleive the person J.C. actually lived and caused the Romans no end of aggro by saying things like " Look people, we`re all equal and we should be nice to each other" Big mistake with the Romans, so they nailed him up and proceeded to wipe out his followers. Sounds familiar? But as for the son of god no way, there is no god. I shall now prove in this never before seen or, heard experiment. Ahem!! God are you there? GOD ARE YOU THERE? GOD YOU ASSHOLE! ARE YOU THERE? Well he`s not there but, I still am. Proof positive, there is no god. End of statement!

I always loved Spike Milligan's answer (which went something like this): "I don't believe in God. But, when I die, if I find myself at the pearly gates, and God is standing over me waving his finger at me and saying, You didn't believe in me, I can just shrug my shoulders and say, Well mate. You made me."