Aussie Rules Football with the Munich Kangaroos

36 posts in this topic

Cant make it as away again but wish the Roos the best and am sure a win will come. Sorry havent been training just alot on at the moment.

Hi Pento! Yep, we are still alive and kicking, as they say. Training is Thursdays 6pm in the Hirschgarten every week. PM me if you are interested in playing/umpiring/spectating or getting involved in any other way.

There will be an exhibition compromised rules game in 12 days at this. And there will be beers pitch side!

Tomorrow (30 June) we'll be playing against Rheinland. A win will go a long way towards securing a Grand Final spot this year.

I know the weather's looking a little dicey, but it would be great to get a few people down to the Hirshgarten to support us. Game starts at 2pm and if you look at page 1 of this thread, you'll see exactly where you need to go.

It should be a good, hard game - as it always is against Rheinland.

Hope to see you there!!

The new season's starting in a few weeks.

Training's on Saturday at 11am in the Hirschgarten. New and experienced players are all welcome to join the Roos. Just show up to training.

The new season is almost upon us...

We've started training indoors on Thursdays from 5:45pm-6:45pm at:

Place: 8 Seasons Soccerpark

Colmdorfstrasse 3, 81249 München

http://www.soccerpark.info/

take S8 S-bahn to Aubing station (a couple stops past Pasing)

Cost: €4 per player

If you'd like to play, then just come along, or PM me for more details. This year there'll be 2 divisions playing, which means for the first time ever, the Munich Roos will be fielding a reserves side. So it doesn't matter if you're experienced or a complete novice, if you'd like to play Aussie Rules, then we've got a spot on the team for you.

We'll start with outdoor training in the Hirschgarten once the weather gets better.

The season starts in late April with an away game in Hamburg.

For anyone know who might want to show up to training tomorrow.

Just for this week (5 March), training will be in Aubing at the indoor soccer complex from 7:30pm - 9:00pm.

From next week (12 March), we'll be training there from 5:45pm until 7:30pm.

Outdoor training will commence in the Hirschgarten on Thursday nights when we get a bit more light (probably once daylight savings starts) - but I'll let you know here.

Would love to come watch and even just train with you guys for fitness.

have to wait till classes stop being on a thursday night. Are games generally on a Sat or Sun? would love to come watch and support.

Have you guys started training outdoors yet, now that daylight savings has started? The last thing I expected when I moved here was an Aussie rules team. (Mind you, I also didn't expect to give up my first born child to pay for my health, car and motorbike insurance.) Would love to join. Is there an age limit? Its been a while since i played. Let me know.

Dean

OK - just an update. We are no longer training indoors in Aubing.

Since the start of April, we've been outdoors in the Hirschgarten - every Thursday evening from 6pm. If you have any questions, then send me a PM and I'll reply with details - or just show up for training.

@BrookersSmithers - Games are always on Saturdays. See our website for details. Just click on this link

@6afortescue - There is no age-limit for playing. We had a guy play for us until last year who was well over 50!!