Commuting between Nuremberg and Herzogenaurach

7 posts in this topic

Hi Everybody,

I'm a soon to be Intern at Puma AG in Herzogenaurach, but am interested in living in Nuremberg and commuting back and forth daily. I'm having trouble locating the specific train/bus lines, stop locations, departure times, traveling time, and cost. I did notice an old post that concluded the best way was a car. Does anyone here do this commute, or know at least which lines I'd need to take to reach the office at...

PUMA-WAY 1

91074 Herzogenaurach

GERMANY

Thanks for the help.

Use the VGN site - it's even in English. This will give you routing, cost, times.

You'd probably have a travel time of about 1hr+, will have to get a student travel pass (about 90€) a month.

The bus from Erlangen to Herzo stops just after the roundabout so about 5mins walk from Puma (if this is the Puma office in the centre of Herzo), you'd need a further connection if it is the other offices.

Also look at living in Erlangen - it's a student town too and an easier commute (some even cycle!).

I would also prefer Erlangen, which is close to both places (Nuremberg and Herzogenaurach). I don't know why it was so hard for you, to find the train/bus info. If you just give the 'From' and 'To' information on bahn, it will give the info that you need. Check here.

Thanks everyone,

What I was mainly having trouble with was finding and identifying the VGN website as the one I needed. Starting to look like I should search for car pools if I'm committed to Nuremberg.

I know this is an old thread. But just thought of checking if there is enough car pool available from Erlangen to Herzogenaurach (adidas). Also, since I am new to car pool thing, can any one brief me on how does this work?

Hi, Look at the Adidas intranet site, you can post a request there or ask around in the office. There are loads offering car pools to Erlangen on a daily basis. Regards,