Card Playing Group

24 posts in this topic

Hello

I'm new to Hamburg and looking to join a card playing group. I'm not really into poker, more interested in Canasta and other card games.

Does anyone want to start a group or know of a group I might join?

All the best!

Trish

Wow, I didn't know anyone knew how to play Canasta anymore! If you want to start a group, I might be interested, depending on times.

Cheers

Althea

I love playing cards, though I have to re-learn each time I play! I really enjoy Canasta and 500 and would be interested in having a game. Most nights are good for me, with the exception of Mondays, and once September rolls around mornings are good too.

I'm also flexible as a rule because I work from home - i just have quite a bit of work on at the moment. One of those mixed blessings, I guess. Days or nights suit. Perhaps you could make a couple of suggested dates and times.

I would be interested too. Love playing cards...particularly Wizard if anyone knows how to play that.

Someone pick a time and place.

Hey that's great! I'm totally new to Hamburg so really don't know where good places to meet are. Can anyone suggest a central cafe or somewhere to meet at? Or a free space, community hall or something?

I would be happy to host at my place, but not for the next three weeks as we've got a bit too much on with visitors, work and study. I'm sure there's a cafe in Altona, but I'm not sure where you live, Trish, and whether on not that would be central for you. The big table at Cafe Ole might be all right. Purple-hoggy, you know the cafes of Altona better than I do - anywhere else suitable?

Althea

(Is it just my computer or is this new layout crap???)

I think Cafe Ole is a great choice. And I would be willing to host at my place any day next week.

Are we thinking day or night time?

(Yeah, I still can't figure out how to watch or email topics anymore. Very frustrating. Though I do like the feedback button for when some people say nasty and unnecessary things.)

Any day or night next week, except for Wed as I may be hosting knitting here. Monday night would be good for me :-)

That's great guys! I live in Altona, so am more than happy to head to Cafe Ole. I'm free next week but for Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. Monday night is good for me, or Thursday night if that's not possible for everyone.

I'd be keen!

How about Monday night at Ole then?

say 6:30-ish?

Will be great to meet another Aussie in HH!!!

You're so outnumbered Steph0313 :P

Brilliant - let's play! I'd better refresh my memory of Canasta. Trish, do you have canasta cards? I can bring normal ones, but I can't remember the points.

Hey Alielefant = you and I now have a negative reputation on here....wonder what that is all about? Is it because we said we don't like the new format?

Who knows - perhaps because it's off topic...? But I spent about an hour searching around the site looking for new user guidelines, or some sort of summary of the changes, just so I could find out how to email a topic to someone. I still don't know and it's making me feel stupid!

See everyone tonight!

I have all the points and rules written out, but no real Canasta cards with the points written on them. I'll bring along my write-out. Last time I played we were all still unsure about the points and things and just had a little piece of paper beside us that we wrote what we might forget on. There's a lot of things to remember with Canasta!

I have two decks of good cards so shall bring them along. Am I right in assuming the Cafe Ole we're meeting at is: Keplerstraße 2, 22765 Ottensen, this one that I found on google maps?

Really looking forward to this!

Cheers,

Trish

Hey,

Was really great playing Canasta last Monday - Love that game! So I thought it would be cool to organise another meet-up. Is next Monday okay for everyone?

I can't edit the topic title myself to change the date to next Monday (I haven't been a member for more than three months appears to be the automatic ruling that pops up when I try), lol, so if someone could change it for me, that would be wonderful!

:)

Trish