Finding an english speaking electrician - Berlin

16 posts in this topic

Good evening fellows

I am in need of an English speaking electrician and a central-heating-installer-person for my new apartment which is basically a husk that nobody has inhabited for 20 years.

English doesn't have to be great, just enough to get the job done.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

I would appreciate it very much if so..

Ta!

*BUMP*

Thought I'd bump this thread as I need an electrician, ideally English-speaking, to sort out some electrics in my flat.

Does anybody on here know or had past experience with an electrician that is reliable and could do a job in Berlin? Would be a massive help.

Cheers

Sorry for digging up an old topic guys! I've just moved to Berlin and I'm fully Qualified in Electrical engineering so if anyone is still looking for an English speaking Electrician send me a message :)

(I have a current work visa valid until December 2013)

@ Mike_nz: Welcome to Germany, and to TT. You might want to check whether your qualifications as an electrician are recognized here. I'm not disputing that you are perfectly capable... but Germany is really tough on qualifications, to the extent that if something goes wrong with wiring you've done, and you are held accountable, insurance won't cover it because you're not officially qualified.

See this site for details on getting your qualifications recognized.

Cheers for that, Have sent them an email now to see if my qualifications are recognized hopefully its no hassle. I did find that the Germany equivalent is accepted in NZ but I haven't found any info regarding New Zealand Qualifications in Germany . We also use the 220v-240v system here and NZ also has a very high standard for Qualifications so there shouldn't be any issues.

Thanks again for the info!

I have a current work visa valid until December 2013

Keep in mind that a WHV only permits employment, not self-employment, i.e. you are actually not allowed to work odd jobs for individuals.

@mike_nz - Hey Mike, Are you looking for some ad hoc work? I'm looking for an electrician to help with light fittings in my apartment in the next few weeks. If interested message me at gilmoresj@gmail.com.

Sorry for digging up an old topic guys! I've just moved to Berlin and I'm fully Qualified in Electrical engineering so if anyone is still looking for an English speaking Electrician send me a message

(I have a current work visa valid until December 2013)

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me, I've got a women who urgently needs some wiring doing. It's two rooms which need plug sockets a light switch and a light. The thing is I was hoping to plaster the walls on Monday so I was wondering if you're busy at the moment if and if not if you would be interested in this job.

Hello - bumping this topic.

I need an electrician to connect oven/stove to my drehstrom outlet in Berlin Friedrichshain.

Anyone know any English speaking ones? I tried looking online -- I found one who actually responded but moved my appointment last minute and then disappeared entirely and never showed up to connect it on our reschedule date.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

Another bump for this topic...

I need recommendations for electricians in Berlin. Just saw the heading, in fact they don't have to be English speakers, just qualified and reliable, working on Rechnung.

1 hour ago, john_b said:

Another bump for this topic...

I need recommendations for electricians in Berlin. Just saw the heading, in fact they don't have to be English speakers, just qualified and reliable, working on Rechnung.

I have tried my-hammer.de , and the electrician is very good. (but cannot recommend him to you as we are living in Munich)  ..just read the review on each hand worker carefully, if they are bad.. they will have some bad reviews but otherwise very good..Only thing is that you need to know some German in order to post the ad on that website.

Looking for an electrician to install about 8 lights asap . 2.5m height, concrete celling and apartment built in 1996. Located in prinzlauerberg, Berlin 

regards

t

Mr. Welsley 017665765346 -  from US. We had called him in office recently to fix our exhaust fan. Is friendly and open to do big and small tasks happily.