Drinking alcohol on MVG public transport is banned

92 posts in this topic

When they introduced the ban on the U-bahns, for months ahead of the ban the security were pretty anal about it...pointing out that it would no longer be tolerated as of whatever date...they stopped me several times (if i go to a concert...and I go to a lot...I have one on the way...so I'm certainly not drunk as I'm at the show by the time I'm half done with the beer).

...but after a few months I noticed everyone drinking beer again on the U-bahn so I figured it must be okay again...and in the last couple years have been doing exactly as I had been before the ban...so this is pretty shocking that they're EXTENDING it...

I recently visited Hamburg...and the 500,000 signs saying no alcohol...it was a sad place to be...

I recently visited Hamburg...and the 500,000 signs saying no alcohol...it was a sad place to be...

...and you didn't say Hey! ?

not very Minnesotan of ya B)

I went to the Kiosk in Marienplatz S/U last night after work and the guy said he cannot sell beer after 8pm. I said "Good joke...one cold Helles please"...but it was no joke.

Perhaps we can apply for some sort of boozeshein from the KVR? S*itbags

That's odd. The Yorma at the Hauptbahnhof sells beer late at night. I suppose that is in the main station area but it's only a flight of stairs above the S/U bahn area.

The fine will most likely be the same as in Hamburg - €40.

It will be indeed source

they're only quoting the fine in Hamburg, it's actually not clear what and if there is a fine in Munich. There is none in the subway, so it might be as well similar in the s-bahn.

DB (The operators of Sbahns) usually have a flat German wide fine structure. Comparing it the the Ubahns (Subways)

fine system is not relevant as the Ubahns are run by separate companies.

I still can't understand this rule. If they're worried about drunks, then it's not the people drinking on the trains that are the problem - it's the people who were drinking BEFORE they got on the train that might be. You sit on an S-Bahn for under an hour for most trips. That's not enough time to become an obnoxious drunk...

That is more than enough time to become completely drunk! :D

That is more than enough time to become completely drunk!

depends what you're drinking, 90% potcheen should do the trick :ph34r:

they just officially announced the alcohol ban and it's implications:

http://www.tz-online.de/aktuelles/muenchen/prost-aufs-alkoholverbot-1494509.html

Geldstrafen wie in Hamburg (40 Euro) sind zumindest vorerst nicht vorgesehen. Bahn und Polizei wollen auch kein zusätzliches Personal einsetzen – der Status Quo mit 250 S-Bahn-Sicherheitsleuten sei ausreichend. Wenn jemand ab 11. Dezember in der S-Bahn trinkt, soll er „zunächst auf das Verbot hingewiesen werden“, so Weisser. Es reiche, wenn der Fahrgast die Flasche hinstelle, eine Beschlagnahmung sei nicht vorgesehen.

So there is not going to be any fine.

So there is not Initially, going to be any fine.

Fixed that for you..

For the first few weeks, they will only warn people, but I bet fines will deff. be implemented a few months later. (After the Grace period)