Mainova electricity bill seems ridiculously high

24 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, i-jalapeno said:

I switched off the electric mains and nothing much seems to be running,

Are you talking about the meter running? Was it running with the mains off? I know nothing but that doesn't sound right.

We have no idea what appliances the Poster has...

Electric night storage heaters instead of Central heating...

If there is no Central heating, then they will probably have Durschlaufheitzer for Hot water ...

It could even be that they have electric underfloor heating...

But as so little info is available.. we cant really make an educated suggestion..

On 15/05/2019, 08:13:19, AnswerToLife42 said:

Numbers have already been invented. It would be good to know what high means in numbers. Not the €'s but kWH/a.

sorry I have never seen this on time, so it is 9,000kwH/a

very  high I think - 

10 hours ago, i-jalapeno said:

sorry I have never seen this on time, so it is 9,000kwH/a

very  high I think - 

This is really high.   We are a family of 4, we cook at home all the time, there is a NAS 24/7, TVs and notebooks for everyone, the wife and daughter bake around twice a week, and we have a pool with a pump running all summer.   We use 5000-5500 kw a year, which I think it is high.   All lights are LEDs, most white goods are A or A+.

I think you will have to switch off absolutely everything and go around switching things on and using a kill-a-watt.

P.S., Is the NAS a "real" NAS, or something you built yourself.    I used to have a powerful server a NAS and it was sucking too much power so I replace it with a low consume server.   Are all your notebooks really going into sleep mode? But still 9000 kw is way too much.