Marmite vs. Vegemite

Marmite vs. Vegemite   72 votes

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Marmite
    • Vegemite

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

92 posts in this topic

The biggest difference between Marmite and Vegemite is that Vegemite is a national icon. You won't get too many Australians admitting to not liking it.

Plus it has it's own song to boot.

Oh and of course, Vegemite is far superior to Marmite.

Marmite is the schiznit, Vaginamite's ok, and I'll eat it if I have no choice, but nothing comes close to NZ Marmite. That British Marmite is terrible weak runny brown poo spread, worse than Vaginamite by miles.

Why can't Marmite and Vegemite just be friends?

vege.jpg

(note they have three jars of Vegemite to the one jar of Marmite ;))

The biggest difference between Marmite and Vegemite is that Vegemite is a national icon. You won't get too many Australians admitting to not liking it.

I do actually know one Australian, here in Munich even, who does not like Vegemite. Damn traitor!

Btw, my hubby wants me to tell you all that Marmite tastes like the inside scrapings of the lower intestine of an old man. Vegemite, on the other hand, tastes like the wondrous mother's milk straight from Elle McPherson's breast. How can you compare the two? Old man's intestine vs. Elle McPherson's breast - which would you put in your mouth?

[The above has been a public service announcement from the Aussie who never posts]

Amazing!!!

I come home from a hard day's travelling on business - and there it is... a topic about Marmite.

I nearly cum.

God! I love Marmite. I could take it intravenously. It puts hairs on the insides of your eyeballs. You can fertilise eggs just by looking at women. Yes, I admit it, I have used Marmite during sex. MMMMMMMMarmite!!!

Love the stuff. If they banned it I would go to prison.

Hmmm... I wonder if you can smoke it?

Forget politics and all the other bullshit - gimme a Marmite topic everyday B)

PS: What's this watered down pansy Vegemite stuff again?

Thanks. If Marmite is a stronger version of Vegemite, does that mean it tastes even crappier than Vegemite does?

Marmite tastes different to Vegemite, but better IMO. Marmite tastes like a savory vegetable spread, while Vegemite tastes like bitter poo for lack of better words. (Vegemite can't be compared to anything - it's one of a kind.)

Marmite tends to divide opinion (hence the advertising campaign). I think that Marmite 'bites' like a stilton or some other very mature cheese.

Resurrecting this (very) old thread to let lovers of both know to take supplies with them if they head to Denmark...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1390419/Marmite-banned-Denmark-contains-vitamins.html

The divisive vegetable spread has been banned in Denmark because it breaks food laws passed in 2004 governing the sale of products fortified with added vitamins.

And until now, Marmite had escaped the attention of food chiefs.

It is unclear exactly why the Danish authorities have launched a crackdown on foods with too many vitamins.

But Marmite now joins the ranks of Australian alternative Vegemite, Horlicks, Ovaltine and Farley’s Rusks - all products the Danes have an apparent aversion to.

I do actually know one Australian, here in Munich even, who does not like Vegemite. Damn traitor!

probably an import. certainly not a true blue aussie