Marmite vs. Vegemite

Marmite vs. Vegemite   72 votes

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Marmite
    • Vegemite

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

92 posts in this topic

Banana.. and.. marmite... well that sounds worse than my concoxion.. but its likely nice too...

How can such disgusting sounding things be so nice lol..

marmite and boiled eggs...YUMMM!!! cant beat that.

btw, is Marmite or Vegemite popular in the USA?

Marmite! Yummm. Altho I don't mind Vegemite either. It's OK.

Marmite melted into NZ Vogels bread. Deeelish.

We've just had some marmite sent over to us and had it on toast for breakfast allll week, the other spreads have been pushed to the back of the cupboard for a while.

Hmmm, might go make some marmite on toast now.

Neither Vegemite nor Marmite are popular where I am from in Canada. Both are disgusting and smell and look like goopy car oil. Most people I know over there have never heard of either...I brought back my tale of woe (was forced to try Vegemite) when I returned from Oz back in 1995. And it wasn't until I met Tom that I found out the UK had a similar product (which I have also tried). Tom was recently delighted to find out that it is now for sale in some grocery stores near where I live back home...now he can Marmite it up while overseas.

Marmite for me...although I dont mind abit of vegemite. I used to have marmite and honey on toast...i loved that stuff.

@ kza Marmite on toast is good too and cheese and marmite sandwiches were my staple diet at school but I never tired of them. Have not actually had marmite for a while - think my jar went out of date!! All this talk of it has inspired me to buy in fresh stocks!

Well OF COURSE more people are going to vote for Marmite than Vegemite. There are simply less Aussies here than Brits!

VEGEMITE IS THE BEST! AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSI, OY OY OY!

Vegemite even has it's own song, so no contest:

"We're happy little Vegemites

As bright as bright can be.

We all enjoy our Vegemite

For breakfast, lunch, and tea.

Our mother says we're growing

stronger every single week.

Because we love our Vegemite.

We all adore our Vegemite.

It puts a rose in every cheek!"

On a different note, you can also use it to fill holes in woodwork when leaving your apartment.

Marmite.

No questions.

Lettuce and marmite sandwiches on white Tip Top bread, or on toast so hot that you rip the top bit when you butter it so when you put the marmite on it is all clumpy.Yum.

When I was in India we had our hotel room broken into and one of the things nicked was my tub of marmite. Damn bastards had their priorities straight there.

mmmmmmarmite!

You either love it or hate it. Apparently in couples its pretty rare to find both who actually like it - one usually hates it and the other loves it - certainly true for the couples I know (Jimbo hates it with a passion)