Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Luggage repair services in Munich

10 posts in this topic

Greetings,

Would anyone have suggestions for where to get luggage repaired near the Ludwig-Maximillians Universität?

One of the two rollerblade wheels in our luggage split right down the center (probably due to the large amount of weight we were carrying in many years of travel). Otherwise the rest of the suitcase is in great working order.

I've read other posts that recommend places to buy suitcases (i.e. Hetzenecker, Kaufhof, Karstadt,...). However, I'm not sure if they repair broken ones.

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards,

-areacode514

OK, so for future reference, I called Hetzenecker today, and they referred me to the following place:

Münchener Werkstätten

Karlstr. 52

80333 München

Tel: 089/555604

Not exactly close to Universität, but still in Central Munich.

On this theme - does anyone know where to take a Samsonite trolley to get repaired (still under warranty and damage is fault in trolley, not use - so is covered)

Thanks

I have a few pieces of luggage with broken zippers. Would like to get them all fixed at a low cost so we can continue to use them. Did that place above actually work and was it done at a "fair" price?

thanks!

on a small hand-luggage Samsonite suitcase I paid about 20€ to have the zip repaired at the place mentioned above.

the guy gave me a quote when I took the case in then I agreed to have it done.

maybe pop by!

a few days I think. it's quite a pokey place but they did a great job.

I went to this place. I had 2 pieces of luggage that needed repairs. The repairs were simply to fix my zipper tags that have broken off. Also to fix a zipper issue where it was busted. They basically told me that the cost to repair them both is not worth fixing them in the first place and that I should just get new ones! The cost would've been around 50 euros for both pieces of luggage!! That is a lot of money to just fix a zipper!! This is a basic level fix! So I was quite disappointed. Just giving my feedback on this for others.

I'd recommend this place - one of the "feet" on my Samsonite suitcase had broken off. I took it in and they replaced the missing foot in 10 minutes. It cost EUR 10.

So, an old topic, but 12 years later, a necessary one.  I have a 25-30 year old set of American Tourister luggage that is still in good shape over all but the extendable handle on one piece is broken and the wheels on the other are torn up.  Rather than replace perfectly good suitcases, I'd like to repair them.  I'm actually in Freising, but am happy to go into München to get it done. 
Is the above place still doing good work in München?  Anyone know of other places in the area?
Thanks.

(Yes, I know I can replace the handle myself, but I can't find the right part info and Samsonite/AT hasn't been useful.)