Kentucky Fried Chicken comes to Munich

414 posts in this topic

Ooooo, that's dangerous. The one on Tal is just out of walking range for lunch, but Karlsplatz is purrrrfect!

It looks like it'll be a big restaurant too. The one at Tal is a little pokey if you ask me, but this one looks like its a proper size!!.

post-1423-1268993057898.jpg

(pic from the franchise holders : http://www.food-ventures.de/)

Vegans and calorie counters are going to die when his thing get to town.. Say hello to the KFC Double-Down.

Thats right.. The bun has really been replaced with 2 chicken fillets. I feel my arteries clogging just looking at it..

post-2089-12709141031166_thumb.jpg

that new kfc at Bayerstrasse 7 is opening on the 12.05.2010.

Aside from the opening....

the money off coupons are back on the KFC website:

http://kfc.de/content/coupons

What a damned shame.

While I generally hold the consumer responsible for knowing enough to not make stupid purchases, in the case of fast food I think the "Unhealthy at any Quantity" mentality should be judiciously applied. Consumer protection laws exist for a reason.

I also think it's criminal that fast food joints generate huge amounts of rubbish, yet are not required to ensure that the wider area around their establishments are kept free of that rubbish. One need only visit the Eastern entrance of Stachus at the end of Neuhauser to see the effects of the McDonalds on the littler in that area. The VAST majority of the litter is exclusively McDonalds paper, along with McDonalds foodstuffs dropped on the ground.

The fat epidemic is no longer arriving in Bavaria, it is here, and KFC is just more proof. Oh well.

Nooooooo! Really? That was the closest one for us and very convenient when going on or getting off the highway.

Oh man. I remember when it opened up and I was so happy that there finally was a KFC in Munich.

Sigh. :(

Yup, it was our closest too, and we wanted to pop in one evening last week on the way home, and the windows are all boarded up with signs just saying "Your nearest KFC is (that one near the OEZ)" :(

Good news everybody! We drove past the former KFC at the end of the A8 highway today (Pippingerstr.) and there was a big sign that they will be open for business again on March 14!! :D

Yay! I guess they found someone else to take over the franchise!

Lucky for us out here in the west of Munich! Yum!

Morning!

Since I live outside of Munich, and would actually like not to have to drive into town just to find out one price, I wonder if anybody out there can help me?

I need to find out the price of a KFC medium Burger Box in Munich.

I have tried looking onlne, but can only find prices in Dollars!

Correction - as soon as I had posted, I finally found the Euro prices!

Thanks anyway!

6 hours ago, robinson100 said:

Morning!

Since I live outside of Munich, and would actually like not to have to drive into town just to find out one price, I wonder if anybody out there can help me?

I need to find out the price of a KFC medium Burger Box in Munich.

Robinson- Why??!