Kentucky Fried Chicken comes to Munich

414 posts in this topic

first pizza hut, now KFC ... i can only hope this means taco bell has its eyes on the fatherland, too!

@quarblotz

Do a search for "Taco Bell"...

You will find a very lenghty post by me on this subject...

Bottom line... No Taco Bell Anytime Soon...

DK, we can still hope. Taco Hell is one of the few fast food joints I miss. Of course Taco Time was slightly better (less grease), but more expensive. One can hope that since it merged with Pizza Hut it will eventually find its way.

You know, I'll bet they expand that Pizza Hut near OlympiaZentrum and add the KFC because I was once travelling(last May) in/near Cologne and there was a McDonalds, Pizza Hut and KFC all right next to each other(the KFC and PH were in the same building).

My(German) boyfriend will be so happy - he loves KFC(chalk that up to spending too much time in the US)

The Colonel's Beady Eye looking down upon us here.

That's a good thing?

ps. Olypiazentrum surely because of the footie fans.

if his beady eye is batter fried and served up next to some bisquits, yes martha thats definitely a good thing. ;)

I don't really have anything against KFC.

My favourite is cold KFC chicken from the fridge. mmmmm.

But I love Germany because of all the things here that are different from home. One day, when I've had enough - KFC and Starbucks and all the rest will be still be there waiting. I can appreciate those things later. More-so if I've missed them.

I'm happy to not to have the same outlets of everything imaginable in every country you visit (or live in).

@icemocha

Dream all you want, but as lng as the US Military is in Germany you will not have Taco bell out in the German Public... US Mil. has a sweetheart

deal for the next 10 years.. So unless they cloase all their TB's and cancel the contract the soonest you will find a TB is 2015...

Kentucky Fried Chicken Buffet. I have only seen this once, in Indiana, on whatever highway that is when you drive from Indianapolis to Chicago. All you can eat KFC for something like $6.99. My husband still dreams about it. :P

I remember going to Taco Bells for the first time on the US base in Grafenwoehr near Weiden. Yum!

Ah PETA...

P-People

E-Eating

T-Tasty

A-Animals

PS: The Video didn't work for me, so you may have to download it, and it's only in .MOV Quicktime..

I remember stopping at a road-side KFC once (won't say where) and my friend buying one of their Chicken Burgers. It was one of those times when you have been drooling for miles in anticipation of the greasy badness. He grabbed the burger, took a huge bite out of it and then had a strange look on his face. He then looked down at the burger only to discover that he had bitten through a nice ripe boil filled with yellowing pus just below the skin of the chicken. Proceeded to puke involuntarily for about an hour when all that would come out was bile. See you in line at the KFC ;)

boil2 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (boil)

n.

A painful, circumscribed pus-filled inflammation of the skin and subcutaneous tissue usually caused by a local staphylococcal infection. Also called furuncle.

Is that true? You can claim you saw this with your own eyes?

Interesting... And gross.

I have heard that story sooo many times, always a 'friend of a friend'. But just figured it was one of those old wives tales that goes around as I also found it in a book of 'common urban myths'.

It is just an urban tale that did the rounds on the internet a long time ago.

DD's just someone messing about posting a bunch of BS on different threads. Check out his story in the Police drugs raid... thread and you'll see what I mean.

Ah, thought so.

Yes, I could smell the aroma of old shit but was too lazy to check his history and confirm my suspicions.

Cheers.