Netball teams in Nuremberg

13 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of any netball opportunites in Nürnberg or Erlangen? As it's not a german sport, I have chosen to delve into the world of Toytown for a hopeful response?!

I'd never heard of this aswell.. According to wiki it looks like basketball without a backboard on the net?

Netball (Wikipedia)

Hey Natp80,

Are you a fellow kiwi? Have terrible hand eye co-ordination but with enough persuation I could give Netball another try. Havent played it since I was in intermediate! You trying to get a mixed indoors team together?

@lonestar20 - no not kiwi, but used to play with a couple antipidians in London. It seems the crowd on here are mostly from the US so won't know the game. I was looking for some kind of club or something, but would also consider setting something up with enough people. Do you know any more kiwi/australian/english girls/boys who might be keen? Would so love to get into it again!

For those who might be willing to learn, this is netball: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netball

The only problem I can see is getting hold of the nets! I'm pretty sure adidas must have a team or 2 playing the game!?

I played at school, wing attack from memory!! Would like to get involved if you can get a team together.

hi there,

I'm up for a game of netball...I will be living in Erlangen from the start of September...but i think it might be hard to find courts and netball rings..but we can just use basketballs and throw the ball around eh? oh yeah bibs. ...how many people are up for it?

cheers from an Aussie wishing to get back into her favourite sport!!

Ginny

Hello, i used to Play Defence in my School days. We can Start with playing half Court if the number is Not enough yet.

Love to play netball again - although I am pretty crap. I wonder if the International School in Erlangen would lend us their facilities? I know that the IS in Hamburg had netball hoops made and let us play - when there were lots of kiwis and aussies working at the ISH. Used to be loads of fun.

Hi, I'm from the UK and just moved to Nuremberg for work. I'm looking to play netball...does anyone know of a team in Nuremberg? Or are there people out there keen to start one?

Hello! I'm in Wuppertal (near Dusseldorf) which is a bit far from Nuremberg to play with you, but I'm desperately trying to find some more info or interested players in the area closer me. Please let me know if anyone has any info. Thanks!

There are a few people who actually meet up an play netball. I'll pass a message along to the organizer. If those who are interested in getting information about netball, would like to send me their email address in my inbox, then I can pass it along to the organizer that I know in Nbg