Sandra Bullock is applying for a German passport

87 posts in this topic

Hollywood actress Sandra Bullock said Monday that she was trying to get German citizenship during a press conference for the premiere of her new film "The Proposal" in Munich.

The 44-year-old daughter of an American and a German opera singer said she is hoping to make her German roots official.

"It would be wonderful if my sister and I could succeed. It is something my mother wished for her children," the actor said.

"Half of my family is German," said Bullock, who was raised in Nuremberg for 12 years and grew up speaking German.

117 words remaining. Click to read the full article.

post-16-1246368434.jpg

Who is this woman, and why would she not get German citizenship if she passes the test?

She could possibly get the citizenship, but she would have to give up her American citizenship, which I am sure she doesn't want to do.

If she has one American parent and one German, she might qualify for dual or they might just give it to her because she's famous.

Hollywood actress Sandra Bullock...The 44-year-old daughter of an American and a German opera singer

Who is this woman

She's, eh, a Hollywood actress and eh, I believe the 44 year old daughter of an American and a German opera singer...but that's just a hunch.

Who is this woman, and why would she not get German citizenship if she passes the test?

She's, eh, a Hollywood actress and eh, I believe the 44 year old daughter of an American and a German opera singer...but that's just a hunch.

Do I smell fodder?

She could possibly get the citizenship, but she would have to give up her American citizenship, which I am sure she doesn't want to do.

No. She can have dual citizenship.

Wasn't there that little complication if the German parent was the mother, and certain dates that i think 44 years should meet?

Sandra Bullock said Monday that she was trying to get German citizenship

Great, they can do a remake of the film Speed: Sandra Bullock drives at top speed down the highway, unable to do anything but accelerate, flashing her lights, screaming at everyone to get out of the way, but this time there doesn't need to be a bomb on board...

Maybe she will post on TT about visa advice and get told off for not using the search function.

Her situation sounds identical to mine. Born before 1975, German mother, foreign father.

Only difference is that I've spent the last 8 years actually living here.

If she gets dual, then I wonder if I could use her case as a precedence for getting mine...

Well, Hazza, I guess keep your fingers crossed that she gets it. I really can't believe that the law is still in effect. Sandra Bullock would make for a high profile test case, no?

Thank you Susan for having a little pride in your German heritage. Its not a crime. What would Hollywood say???

I saw her new movie last week in Arnheim and it was crap. I think this is a publicity stunt as she announced this at her press conference to promote her new movie.