Baseball batting cages in Munich

8 posts in this topic

My kid's in a Verein and plays on the Jugend team, but has forgotten how to swing a bat.

Is there a batting cage in the area that is open to the public and is reasonably kid-friendly?

Does anyone know if there is a batting cage in Munich? Would be cool, as it is the playoffs in baseball and I would enjoy hitting a few.

No, there are no such things in Germany. They have been deemed to big a danger

and as such are banned.

@ Mr. Darknight...

What are you talking about?? Where did you get that information from? I very highly doubt this claim is true, I.e. that the legislatures had heard of "so may incidents" of people getting hurt in batting cages (that barely exist at all in this country) that they decided to ban them. What utter nonsense!

Proof that Mr. Darknight likes to talk out of his butt:

http://www.linkinggermany.de/index.php?inhalt=leisureandsports&vid=122&filterPageId=105

Just wanted to bump this topic again.   Does anyone know if there is a batting cage anywhere in Munich?  New in and and I'm joining the Caribes this year... and want to get some swings in!

Unfortunately we (Laub Raiders, ex Regensburg Legionäre players) are not playing you guys this year. But we'll try to get some friendlies in... I would think the best place to ask would be the guys on your team.

We have one in Regensburg, but it's only for the 1st and 2nd (Regensburg) Bundesliga teams to use... I assume Haar and the Caribes would also have something.