Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

American IT Companies in Munich

5 posts in this topic

American Information Technology Companies in Munich

Sometimes is hard for the newcomers to find information about IT work in Munich specially for the ones who do not speak german yet (like me:-). First, do not get dismay for what they tell you about german unemployment rate, etc. IT workers do not have that probleml. However, you have to do your homework: build a good resume, search anywhere for information and have or build excellent presentation skills when you get an interview. Source: U.S. Investments in Germany.

Munich:

Accenture.com

Captiva.de

Filenet.com

Peoplesoft.com

Progress.com

SPSS.com

AMS.com

IHSinfo.com

informationbuilders.de

lrs.com

macromedia.com/de

microsoft.com/germany

mscsoftware.com

mti.de

ptc.com

sungard.com

tripos.com

wonderware.de

wyse.de

autodesk.de

novell.de

compuware.de

innovationdp.com

mentor.com

zilog.com

Others:

Award Software International

Acclaim Entertainment

AMD

Bruce Technologies

JOB AGENCIES in English:

klopotek.de

ifcosystems.de

ati.com

indatex.com

Hope this helps, more later.

Crosslink by admin: American or International Companies in Munich with English as the internal language

Netspeed thanks for this list.. even tho dated 2005 I am assuming you are still in Munich ???

May I ask this do you know any company within your list offer fair/good relocation package if they are hiring someone from overseas (maybe  via word of mouth communication)?

We are located in Sydney and willing to move Munich or Switzerland middle of 2021 (due to my husband speaks B2 level German so these two countries we can apply) My husband applying jobs but we are after  IT company which offers generous relocation package to smooth our move. Thanks

If you place your cursor over the OP's picture you will see that he has not logged in since December 2013 & is thus unlikely to see your posting!

1 hour ago, EastnWest said:

Netspeed thanks for this list.. even tho dated 2005 I am assuming you are still in Munich ???

May I ask this do you know any company within your list offer fair/good relocation package if they are hiring someone from overseas (maybe  via word of mouth communication)?

We are located in Sydney and willing to move Munich or Switzerland middle of 2021 (due to my husband speaks B2 level German so these two countries we can apply) My husband applying jobs but we are after  IT company which offers generous relocation package to smooth our move. Thanks

Well, you can put Austria to the selection too. Note there are no kangaroos in Austria.

On the top of the list above I would add that pretty much every semiconductor manufacturer has a site in Munich area. They often offer a relocation package but only for higher rank jobs. With bit of exaggeration Munich is a small silicon valley. Also make sure that you understand the cost of living in the area. I once got an offer from ABB for a job in Zurich. The offer looked insanely good until I checked how much normal life cost. I earn well but Switzerland is still shockingly expensive for me. Another point is writing the CV. For jobs in Germany you shall use the German format. Don't be creative. Just stick with the template. Your husband can put his creativity to the cover letter.

My last thought is if this is really a good idea to relocate in the middle of the pandemic. Most people work from home here and it is not going to change anytime soon, i think. I have not seen our HR since February. Also, I somehow sense that american companies pulled many interesting projects back to the U.S. This has something to do with the Trump's administration. At least this is something I see in the semiconductor industry (not talking about the specific company). But this is just my personal feeling and opinion. I am likely wrong.

A secret tip: https://www.sap.com

oh, an apple of course.