Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Online German test from the Goethe Institut

47 posts in this topic

The Goethe Institut has this online test.

Having completed it and ascertained that I am at level B2 which is slightly above ZD level what do other TTers have?

They say I should take B2, but I'm pretty sure I would be bored with that level. Grammatically I'm behind, but not in fluency.

Got B1 which makes me fairly happy since technically I am taking classes at A2 just now. Must have been some good guesses on my part :P

hahahahaha, you know its bad when you try to change the beispeil cause you think its wrong. I think I'll go back under my rock.

got A2..but it was hard ..oh yes i do suck in grammer in general :unsure: ...but one of my deutsche friend told this test is damn hard for germans 2..

well done, i only got C1.

You have answered 25 out of 30 questions correctly.

We recommend that you book a course on the level C1.

So much for having a degree in the thing :S can't even do basic grammar questions correctly! :ph34r:

I got a C1 which if German degree holder Topsy got a C2 can't be bad! :lol:

I THINK I fall down in German on my der die and dass s dem s and den s rahter than using the real words wrongly.

Anyone know how hard the language hurdles are for German citizenship? :ph34r:

Don't know how you should rate this exam. I chose the last possible answer on each question and I earned 10 out of 30. When I tried it with more than just chance I received a rating of B2.

Brokenm makes a valid point. It's a very superficial placement test, too short to be comprehensive.

I picked the first answer in all questions and was recommended to join A2 courses. Wow...looks like A1 is not really necessary :P. Duh...looks like I have just wasted 3 months doing A1

You have answered 7 out of 30 questions correctly.

We recommend that you book a course on the level A2.

Does that make me stupid?

edit: Even Nomaden234 got the same as me and he guessed them all!

I got a C1 which if German degree holder Topsy got a C2 can't be bad! :lol:

I THINK I fall down in German on my der die and dass s dem s and den s rahter than using the real words wrongly.

Anyone know how hard the language hurdles are for German citizenship?    :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i got C1 too. there is no way the language hurdle is as high as that, grtho, you are in the clear if you decide to go local.

i'm the same with all this der,die,das nonsense, but my main prob would be vocab when discussing something unusual. for me, this includes the car. so i would say "Mein Auto ist, errr, wie sagt man? schon irgendwie kaputt"

no point getting annoyed with a superficial placement test for only being superficial :lol:

If someone with no German whatsoever guessed their way through that test they could expect to get roughly 7 or 8 answers right. Which would put them into A2. So the test is pretty useless for anyone who isn't already around B1 level.

I was B2 btw and having read the text that goes with B2, I would say it's fairly accurate.

C1! Got the gender things wrong. Damn my Bavarian laziness!