Meetup for au pairs in Hamburg

163 posts in this topic

Hallo,

I'm 23 year old,comeing from Finland and working as an au pair in Hamburg. I'm lonely and would be very happy to meet some people to go for coffee or something! :) Any interest?

Greetings,

Jaana

hi Jaana!

my friends and I go out EVERY WEEKEND! this weekend we are having a thanksgiving get together though, maybe next weekend you could meet up with us? we all have german class every mon, wed, and friday and usually get coffee afterwards. when do u have free time during the week? we are all around your age, but i think im the youngest with 20 years old :)

hope you are enjoying it so far!

Courtney

Hello Au pairs of hamburg!

i am moving to hamburg in the next 3 weeks and was wondering if any of you knew of any jobs? or could u let me know how u came about getting ur jobs!? im moving to learn the language and move in with my german boyfriend. im an aussie and would love to meet some new people also, as soon as i get there, and it would be great to speak some english as my german isnt great :)

Hey people,

this Friday (Nov. 27th) I'll have been here a (long) year.. but I'm staying in Hamburg til January 31st (I came on a tourist visa first and then got my au pair visa so I have an extra two months). These last 2 months are going to draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag by I know it but I'm always in the city after 7:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays so if anyone wants to meet up during those times I'm game :))) I live in the middle of nowhere and so it costs me 5.30 for a daily ticket each time I want to go out and over and hour's wait both ways to get there and back (can you spell HASSLE?!) but I have my German course at the listed times so I'm already there and just looking for something to do. I've met up with au pairs before and I think it's definitely worth it.. it's helped keep me a bit sane.

Message me if you wanna do something (monday wednesdays and weekends are not options, btw)

Lucy

hey guys,

im kati, 20 years old and moved from bremen to hamburg 4 months ago to start work in an advertising agency.

i used to work as an au-pair in england from october 08 til august 09 and im desperately missin the people and country.

i am german and its hard to keep up my english havin no chance to speak the language durin the day..

also im obviously keen to expand my circle of friends although i moved in with my boyfriend and really like his mates.

i wonder if ur still meetin up and if theres a chance to join you? :)

just get in touch, im really lookin forward! :)

i should of probably left my email adress 4 u lot to (hopefully) get in touch wiv me! ;-)

its: kati_bremen@web.de

lookin forward!

Hi, I'm Stefanie and have just come back to Hamburg after a nice long christmas break in England so I would love to meet up with some other aupairs again so I don't start to feel homesick!! Let me know if you want to meet up, my email address is steflang_7@hotmail.co.uk :) x

Hi I am an English aupair working in ohlstedt in Hamburg so if any of you want to meet up some time let me know and we can arrange something :) x

Hello! I've been an au pair for 13 months with 1 month left but I'm still up for a couple meetings before I'm out! Just send me a message if you want to meet up! Tuesdays and Thursdays after 7:30 are best for me because I'm already in the city and I live really far out.

Lucy

Hi I'm so sorry I haven't replied to your posts.

Do we want to organise a meet up in Altona?

When is everyone free? I am free Thursday or Friday afternoon this week...

Hope we can get something going,

Michelle

Altona is a good place for me to meet. However I work until 8pm (until 9am mornings and then between 2:30 and 8pm) This friday I am babysitting though. How about next thursday?

Yeah ok we can make it next Thursday in Altona.

I know a good coffee shop i just can't remember the name now, will post later.

Lets make it 1.30?

Hi.. can I ask how/where you got the jobs from? Are they from agencies there? I've registered for a couple, but looking if I come to Germany, for work in Hamburg :) as the one's I have looked on previously there are a lot in Munich!

Thank you :)

Claire x

here is a website with agencies that are all bound by the RAL seal. It means they all follow specific regulations which are set out in your contract (although of course, that doesn't mean the family will completely follow what's in your contract. Can be good or bad). http://www.guetegemeinschaft-aupair.de/wai1/showcontent.asp?ThemaID=4563 You can apply to specific cities with the organizations. I would not suggest In-Via, because I am with them and they are not very helpful. I would suggest VIJ or Familien Service (I applied to both of these agencies as well but for other cities). If you go with one of these agencies you have to be between the ages of 19 and 24. I'll warn you that the applications have to be written in German, and technically you are supposd to do them yourself, but I had someone proof read mine.

Hey,

I am an au pair in Hamburg and was just wondering if any of the au pairs go to the open mic night at the slatterys pub?\let me know, would be nice to meet some more people.

Ash.

Hey guys,

I was an Au Pair for a year in Frankfurt and have moved to Hamburg to teach English, but would love to meet up! Have you guys arranged anything? I'm in the Schanze viertel, but would be down for things in Altona, Eimsbuettel, Hamm, etc. Let me know if you guys are doing anything this week or weekend!

Audrey

hello everyone,

just wondering, who would be interesting in meeting on Sunday, Feb. 14th at 10 or 11am? If there's interest I'll plan on a place.

Hello again,

I will be going to Lünegurg on Saturday. Leaving Hamburg around 11am. Is anyone interesteded in joining me? a group ticket (up to five people)costs 23,30 Euros, so with four people it's about 5,50 Euros. Please let me know if you are interested.