Meetup for au pairs in Hamburg

163 posts in this topic

is this still an ongoing activity planned? or have we already met and are done with it. :P i just moved to Bargteheide(Practically Hamburg) from America and have been here about two weeks, with no aquaintances except a four and six year old, and their eleven year old cousin. HELP!

hi. i am in hamburg, how about this weekend? i hav been here 3 months and its fun but my friends have moved away as they were on vacation.

cheers,

amanda

oh, awesome... i finally made a friend yesterday, and she actually speaks no english either :P

what were u thinking this weekend? anything would be great... and im up for ALMOST anything (:

-Courtney

my email is apaccha@sva.edu in case u want send me your german cell number. I always hang out at Hamburg Kunsthalle, St. Pauli, Reeperbahn, or by Europa Passage, this weekend I am free after babysitting on Fri, Sat night which is when i usually hung out with my friends who recently moved away. We had a blast in this city! I am 22 from chicago and studied art for 4 yrs in Manhattan. I take care of 3 kids and my german is barely understandable ...but I try.lol

ah well ill send u an email... by the way, i am 20 and have had NO clubbing/bar/pub experience, as its still illegal to do so in the US. lol so you would have to show me around. plus ive only been here 2 weeks and try my hardest to not get lost. i watch 3 kids also, and my german is enough to get me where i need to go (: ive been studying in college for 2 years now in Oklahoma.

perhaps if my new friend would like to go, ill invite her also. i dont have a handy JUST yet, but i can give u the house number, my family doesnt mind. also, im always checking my email, so thats always good too. bis bald!

-Courtney

ok. that is cool. I guess we can talk and hang out at Reeperbahn this weekend. I can show you around. How is the job thus far? The club scene is definitely not as intimidating as chicago or NYC. It is laid back here and also has a welcoming atmoshphere. People for the most part speak at least some English and the people like to practice their English on you.lol. Do you have the s-bahn monthly pass? I am at the Blankenese stop on s-bahn.

Hope to see ya this weekend,

amanda

that sounds great... i just sent u an email before seeing this. (: im so glad to hear that, i have already realized people are a lot more helpful/friendly here so thats great. i dont have the monthly pass, but i will soon. and until then the family is paying for all my transportation.

See you soon!

Courtney

Finnegans Wake Boersenbruecke 4 20457....U3 Rathaus or U & S Bahn Jungfernstieg...& all major bus routes!!

hmmm. that area is kinda dead at the time we are deciding to meet. how about just night-hawk sightseeing this weekend by st pauli, cus we have snug-sloppy day schedules ...being an au pair and all.

haha night-hawk sight seeing is always good... mucho espresso though.

i went out tonight and ate dinner at a local restaurant called "Rmember", ganz allein... lol it was so good/relaxing... perhaps, on a day u have time to go to Bargteheide, we could dine there?

and anyone else who would like to come! (:

i will phone u tomorrow cuz i am free. Also it is probably a good idea to meet beforehand so that we can find each other easier in the crowd on saturday night. Do you think you will be able to get a german cellphone by the time we meet? Ive never been to Bargteheide.Just found another au pair thru FB and wrote to her just now.

bests,

amanda

oh i have no idea! ill ask tomorrow. and ok, where and when would we meet? i need to let the family know, since they are paying for transportation... apparently i have friday almost entirely off, but i know u are babysitting... tomorrow i have off from like 9 am to 230 pm if u wanna meet then? its up to u. all i have to do in that time is some grocery shopping :P

we can continue this convo on FB if u like. lol

until then!

Courtney

thats cool. FB it is, since we are on the topic...lot of au pairs on FB, met a few just tonight through email.lol. those times are good. i dunno. i hope ill wake up to make it there at those times, so like what is it like in that neighborhood? lets talk on the phone tomorrow or something.

Hi,

I am an Australian about to start a job in Othmarschen as an 'Au pair', I use the term very loosely as I am 25 and working as an Au pair/Nanny just for the fun of it :)

I was wondering if there are any other Au pairs or mothers around the area who want to meet at any Parks or places around the area.

Would be nice to have a coffee with or without the kids to meet some people in the area. I speak a little German but should improve so anyone who wants to hear some bad German also welcome ;)

So just let me know, thanks.

Michelle

hey Michelle, I've met quite a few American/Irish/Scottish etc au pairs at the open-mic night at Slattery's (thread in the Hamburg meet up and events section). There are heaps around.

Hello,

I am an au-pair working in Klein Flottbeck, so very close to you. It would be great to meet for coffee sometime. Send me a message if you would like to meet.