How to delete membership and cancel one's account

94 posts in this topic

I thought the traditional way was to post something about what a horrible and unhelpful forum this is and how you'll never post again before coming back to continue telling everybody how horrible they are.

Just be a complete cunt. Spam the forum and write "interesting" PM's to the female members and then your account will be deleted for you...

To Delete your Membership- you can Either:

Change your password and not confirm the change, when it is sent to you by email. After so many days your membership is locked

Or

You can write to the Moderators and ask them to close your account.

You can also sell your identity to someone else. I bought this one from a guy in a pub who was going back to the UK to retire, although in hindsight I paid way too much.

How does one delete one's 'membership' of this forum?

To satisfy at least my curiosity, could you please explain why you want to be deleted? Maybe we've all missed some deadly dangerous aspect to membership lurking in the background...

You can also sell your identity to someone else.

Yes Toytown Ids are a must have item. I bought mine off an Irishman for a pint of Newcastle but something told me he wasnt Irish.

To satisfy at least my curiosity, could you please explain why you want to be deleted? Maybe we've all missed some deadly dangerous aspect to membership lurking in the background...

Ah, Ancient, I think what has happened is that a poster who has quickly disappeared has come back to find out how to delete his posts that were so offensive that his job here and back home is now on the block. Tough spot when you forget which side your bread is buttered on.

Perhaps we should institute the Four Way Test here on TT. Nahhh! That would be so dull.

Either way - if you delete your account, your posts still remain, as does the name you posted them under. There are plenty of older threads that have deleted users' posts.

Deleting your profile doesn't really help you in that sense...

Deleting an account shouldn't be an issue, if it was specified in the 'Terms & Conditions', when you sign up for this (although some of the sites on the internet, are a pain in the @ss). One of 'em is 'Namesdatabase'. Dont ever try to sign up with that site (or do it only after carefully reading the 'Terms & Conditions'). Once you sign up, there are no links or no proper support to delete your personal data, on that site. The Wikipedia article for this site, itself claims that its a spam site, which uses the user data to spam the shit outta you.

A good site is one, where the 'Terms and Conditions' are simple to comprehend and there is good support. It should also be flexible,in that, the users should be able to deal with their own personal data (add, delete, modify their own data and need not be afraid about their privacy, but of course the posts created by 'em are retained.)

Bah, just ignore all these people, it's easy to delete your account. You must send in a written notification, 3 months in advance to the end of a calendar quarter, make sure you get proof of delivery & keep a copy of your cancellation letter just in case, send the letter to:

Ed Bob

Toytown Munich

Munich.

Sorted :rolleyes:

Do make sure you send the letter in one of those envelopes with an address window, though. Or else Ed Bob could claim you just sent him an empty envelope. And then you'd have to wait until the NEXT 3 months in advance to the end of a calendar quarter to try again.

Ah, Ancient, I think what has happened is that a poster who has quickly disappeared has come back to find out how to delete his posts that were so offensive that his job here and back home is now on the block. Tough spot when you forget which side your bread is buttered on.

Perhaps we should institute the Four Way Test here on TT. Nahhh! That would be so dull.

Who?

Thank you all very much for your responses. I have the feeling my question was answered somewhere.

How about you just stop logging in? Is it really that difficult? You can do it!