Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Personalised vehicle licence plates

15 posts in this topic

I'm sure this topic must have been discussed, but i can't find it and don't know if this is the right sub-forum to ask, but here goes.

I have seen some obviously personal number plates - there's a van about with DA RK 6661 which I like :ph34r: - and quite fancy getting one, or seeing if the ones I'd want are available. Does anyone know how do do this, or how much they would cost?

ps I live in the Darmstadt area, and know it would have to start with DA

costs

You probably want "Wunschkennzeichen reservieren" and "Wunschkennzeichen" and "Ummeldung ohne Halterwechsel".

your combination

You can enter up to 10 combinations but depending on what you want it may not be available.

Totally perfect info, thanks Sara.

So, as I've yet to register our car it'll only cost 12 Euro extra which has got to be worth it. Think I'll go for DA RK 808 if it's available when I come to register.

I just got one for beowulf the Beggsmobile, it cost the princely sum of 10.23€ and I ordered it the day before online. Reckon I would have paid an awful lot more in ripoff Britain, the UK for it.

DA-RK number plates tend to belong to the Rote Kreuz here and you'll find many others like this. SAG company cars all have the same 2 letters and you only need to look at a car from Bonn to see if the person works for one of the many Telekom companies. I have a personlised one which is my initials followed by 280 for the top speed in the schein. Some numbers they won't give you and it might also depend on where you live in Darmstadt. You'll see some with 2 letters and 3 numbers which tend to be cars that belong to people in Darmstadt and 1 letter with 4 numbers which are people outside of Darmstadt, i.e Griesheim. I didn't have to pay anything extra for mine though.

We live in the Fürstenfeldbruck area and my hubby wanted his initials CC however Coca Cola has a huge factory here and so he had no chance.

I've never understood why people want personalised numberplates, the only reason they are on there is so the police can catch you easier when you do something wrong. Why anybody would want to give them more clues is beyond me.

Sometimes the photo is a little unclear, and could be confused with another. Putting your initials and date of birth on it rather gives the game away.

aha! I have a wunschkennzeichen, but it doesn't have my DoB or initials on

maybe it's someone else's initials, so I'm home free!

personalised plates cost about 20 euro more.the first letters are always not chooseable and are related to the city or area where you and the car are registered ie J for jena,or SHK for the Saale Holzland Kreis.You can then choose your letters and numbers.18 and 88(88 defo) are not given out for dlicate political reasons best not asked about in your local registration office.

... You can then choose your letters and numbers ...

Provided they've not yet been issued and lie within a group of letters/numbers already scheduled to be issued (in Sachsen at least)

There are any number of firms around here that have these. I have seen these ones over the weekend.

KR-AN 123 - A crane hire firm (they have lots of different one of these)

E-DV 1011 - IT firm (thought this was pretty good)

Oh and a neighbour has VIE-R 567

Couldn't have the one I wanted as it was already in use. KR-AP 999 :)

personalised plates cost about 20 euro more.the first letters are always not chooseable and are related to the city or area where you and the car are registered ie J for jena,or SHK for the Saale Holzland Kreis.You can then choose your letters and numbers.18 and 88(88 defo) are not given out for dlicate political reasons best not asked about in your local registration office.

Also, no SS on license plates. I've heard about the 88 (HH=Heil Hitler), but the 18 is new to me. It must mean Adolf Hitler (18=AH)

NS is also verboten, as is HJ, KZ, SA and SD. Apart from this, some Kreise have additional restricted plates - for instance you won't get a plate starting with Z in Köln (K-Z!).

See wikipedia.