Roma refugees from Romania

631 posts in this topic

phew!...and this coming from a self confessed Dublin uneducated Irish priest/paedophile supporting heterosexual Catholic living in Munich...

I like your writing style Parnell, so I've taken the liberty of plagiarising it.

Wrong on at least two counts but don't let that get in the way of your ignorance.

Speaking of free loading , robbing the state and expenses, how is Mary McAleese doing these days?

Like the damage (Swiss citizen IIRC) Ackerman causes to German society?

Are all German speaking Swiss to blame for that?

Society needs to engage on the issues around Roma and it requires a deeper response than "the majority try and nick stuff".

Ackerman CEO of Deutsche Bank causes damage to German society?

Do tell MT - altho a different thread might be more appropriate.

well this recent report from Amnesty International paints a very different one from one AnkhSuNamum is palming off on us about the treatment of Roma and Sinti people in Europe, including Romania

Bell , I said what I have lived myself ( and many other millions of romanians as well as other citizens from around the world ) till no more than March this year . One more thing that just crossed my mind when browsing the article fom the link you provided : the way of living described is the way they see it as " normal " . This way of living is the way they are used to live like , and authorities here have tried several times to improve it , although they themselves never thought about changing something in their way of living .

I don't feel pity for them because I know how they are and what their mentality is ( again - most of them , except veeeeeery few cases )

Sure I think that blood sucking turbo capitalists like Ackerman are a greater damage to Germany that a Roma begging or flogging dodgy tarmac.

It lacks the personal connection which is one reason people don't respond to that foreign immigrant who is robbing them in the same way.

I wouldN't expect you to answer any other way AnkhSuNamun but please excuse me for trusting Amnesty as at least as being a bit ore objective than you on this issue.

Bell , they said their point of view but what I don't know is who wrote the article? Did the person lived around these people? If yes , for how long and at what price?

Viewed from outside they seem at least discriminated , but than I wonder ...who is to trust : - smeone who lived years around these people or someone who saw this from outside? ( no matter is a journalist interested in media news in a certain field , or an association or who knows what )

Some people find it hard when Amnesty criticise "their" home country but Amnesty are not there to do any favours and are viewed as a relatively objective organisation.

Bell , I said what I have lived myself ( and many other millions of romanians as well as other citizens from around the world ) till no more than March this year . One more thing that just crossed my mind when browsing the article fom the link you provided : the way of living described is the way they see it as " normal " . This way of living is the way they are used to live like , and authorities here have tried several times to improve it , although they themselves never thought about changing something in their way of living .

I don't feel pity for them because I know how they are and what their mentality is ( again - most of them , except veeeeeery few cases )

I find it remarkable that you use they/them (as opposed to we) so often (5 times in this paragraph + their way of living, their mentality). How would you feel if someone made such generalised statements about the Romanians?

Untermenschen?

I find it remarkable that you use they/them (as opposed to we) so often (5 times in this paragraph + their way of living, their mentality). How would you feel if someone made generalised statements in the same manner about the Romanians?

Done all the time here relating to Amis and Germans. I think that there are protected classes of they/them and unprotected classes of they/them allowed in public debate.

Some people find it hard when Amnesty criticise "their" home country but Amnesty are not there to do any favours and are viewed as a relatively objective organisation.

You don't seem to pay much credence to their opinions on Turkish society when you are on one of your everyone is picking on the Turks buzz.

utter bollocks funf, I think you will find it is some of the same people who generalise about all germans, all americans, all israelis etc as 'them' who are the same people doing it about Sinti/Roma here.

You don't seem to pay much credence to their opinions on Turkish society when you are on one of your everyone is picking on the Turks buzz.

eh? I have never seen MT defend the way Turkey, as a state, treats the Kurds or Armenians. He has reacted against people making generalisations about Turkish people living in Germany. Which is entirely consistent with his present laudable position on the Roma/Sinti.

No, I don't think so. You don't have the regulars come out to chastise all the bashings, only certain bashings.

eh? I have never seen MT defend the way Turkey, as a state, treats the Kurds or Armenians. He has reacted against people making generalisations about Turkish people living in Germany. Which is entirely consistent with his present laudable position on the Roma/Sinti.

I'm refering to Amnesty's comments about attitudes within Turkish society for example towards women. I'm not talking about the Turkish state.

No, I don't think so. You don't have the regulars come out to chastise all the bashings, only certain bashings.

from my own point of view, I avoid those particular threads because they are stupid beyond belief and responding to them gives a credence they just do not deserve. That does not mean that in any way belittle the very real prejudice that underlies some people's views on other nationalities.

Done all the time here relating to Amis and Germans. I think that there are protected classes of they/them and unprotected classes of they/them allowed in public debate.

They and all sorts of assertions about Germans falls under expat 'whining', which is one of the purposes of this site, so I won't complain.

I'm refering to Amnesty's comments about attitudes within Turkish society for example towards women. I'm not talking about the Turkish state.

again, what does that have to do with the way Turks are used and abused in Germany? It is frankly idiotic to play the game of this group is bad because of X and that one because of Y. If human rights in the EU mean anything at all, they apply to every legal resident here and are extended by statute even to illegal residents up to a point.