Roma refugees from Romania

631 posts in this topic

Just to point out: The fact that you arrest someone doesn't necessarily mean it's a lawful arrest, or that they're guilty in any way.

It's not you that decides that anyway, as a police officer you're just essentially playing it by ear - and it's something fully to be expected, after all no one recites every single damn law, pertaining court decisions and judicial comment from memory. Remember, the district attorneys drop a quarter of all cases due to no case or evidence or any connection with the subject being present, another quarter is dropped due to being petty cases, and a third quarter deferred to other authorities.

[Numbers Source: Strafrechtspflege in Deutschland, BMJ]

They beg outside of churches, I saw them outside the St. Hedwig's Catholic Cathedral when I was there to say my Hail Mary's.

They beg outside of churches, I saw them outside the St. Hedwig's Catholic Cathedral when I was there to say my Hail Mary's.

Blasphemer!

Good story about Madonna preaching to a Romanian crowd about how Romas are "discriminated" against in Romania...despite the fact she'd never been there before...

Madonna OWNED

just been reading the comments at the bottom of the video, some of them are a bit disturbing.

this one made me laugh though

I used to really dig Madonna back when she was a little plump slut writhing around on the floor in lingerie moaning for cock like a feral queen in heat.

I think the fact that Madonna used the expression "its been brought to my attention" that roams suffered discrimination. Implying a) that she didnt know before B) that she is someone to whom important thngs are told, reflecting her status as a great and noble part of society.

Also. Any one in Steglitz at the moment beware. There are pick pocket gangs operating.

NORMALLY two 10 to 12 year olds with an adult male. They are bad behaved and DIRTY. Look like soap comes from Mars as far as they are concerned, and that has NOTHING to do with skin colour.

They are operating in U/S Rathaus Steglitz in the tunnel corridors between S and U in particular., and at Schöneberg S-Bahn.

Caught one wee bastard trying to get my wallet yesterday. He is now "not very well".

The markets at Steglitz will be fun. Again. BEWARE!

For those of us that live outside of the UK there are ways of getting your hands on this documentary, I'm sure Toytown won't appreciate me posting a link . . . so be it at your own devices, if indeed you have an interest, this documentary is worth seeing:

BBC This world of gypsy child thieves

Enjoy

Leon

anyone see the German film Beautiful Bitch (English title) it explored this topic

Romanian children (non Roma) been smuggled out of Romania to Germany to steal

Great film I recommend to see it if you can

http://www.telegraph...x-and-four.html

A six-year-old boy and a four-year-old girl have become engaged to be married after a gypsy ceremony.

... ...

While the tradition of childhood engagements is not illegal, it is mostly frowned upon in mainstream Romanian society.

The engagement ensures Victor and Maria remain in the Caldarari community and thousands of pounds exchanged hands between the families to confirm the deal.

... ...

Victor's family coughed up 50,000 Lei (£11,429) for Maria's hand, so if he changes his mind he'll financially cripple his father, Victor Caldarau, 26.

A split would also be considered a great dishonour for Maria who would have severe difficulty finding a new husband and could risk being outcast completely.

Traian said: "In our community girls are not disobeying. We don't let them out of the house and we don't let them go to school after fourth grade, they might get stolen away from us.

I think that the EU should step in and ban these gypsy practices! Rroma men should be forced** to let their women and children go to school. That's the only way to solve the gypsy problem. If we tolerate them by accepting their stories about how everybody hates them, nothing will ever improve.

**) If Romania (or Bulgaria, or Hungary, or Slovakia) will do this alone, I'm 100% positive that a new wave of gypsies will invade the western countried crying DISCRIMINATION!!! That's why EU's support is crucial. I also don't understand why the media are enraged about muslims' treatment of women, but they completely ignore how gypsy men see women as property (which can get stolen, for which you pay money, etc).

Ok... It took me 3 days to work my way through this thread, in which I found a mostly entertaining mixture of humour, common sense and idiocy! Nearly a year after the last comment, this statement from the European Commission came out:

http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=MEMO/10/384&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en

(Statement by Viviane Reding, Vice-President of the European Commission and EU Commissioner for Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship, on the Roma situation in Europe)

It seems the EU, or Reding in particular, is interested in issues involving the Roma, and feels that they are "an important part of the population of the European Union, and that it is of paramount importance that they are well integrated into the societies of our Member States."

It seems, however, that she is just talking to be saying something on the issue, and that nothing will change (by that I mean that the EU will not do anything, except engage in dialogue)

Why should the EU do fcuk all about the Roma? The Roma should be treated equally and fairly under the laws of the individual member states. The Roma should abide by said laws and everyone would be happy. The fact is that a LOT of the Roma have a culture that runs totally contrary to abiding by laws and whatnot. The Roma want to travel Europe? No problem, but abide by the law doing it.

We don't need yet more focus groups.

"Why should the EU do fcuk all about the Roma? The Roma should be treated equally and fairly under the laws of the individual member states."

I think what she is implying is that they are not treated equally under member states' laws, which is why she mentioned France. Personally, I feel whatever the EU actually do in this regard (if anything) will have little effect, but they will spend a lot of time and money discussing in the process

I think what she is implying is that they are not treated equally under member states' laws

Find it hard to believe any EU member state would have laws that single out the Roma for unfair treatment myself. Maybe some people are confusing persecution with prosecution.

I know in Ireland that the native gypsies have had ever luxury afforded to them...houses, halting sites, free waste collection etc. etc. but it makes not a jot of difference there. They are even more lawless than the settled folk and will probably never change. A lot of people don't seem to realise that groups like the Irish Travellers and the Roma have no desire to integrate.

integrate or conform? Obviously there are a lot of trouble-makers out there, but they're not all the same and you can't tar them all with the same brush

Integrate AND conform, yes. When people want to receive hand outs in the form of welfare from the taxes paid by the rest of society, then they should be a part of that society, absolutely.