Roma refugees from Romania

631 posts in this topic

Monks I'm sorry but I don't think you can think the beyond what it is that is the mess we are in right now.

"And I also try and understand WHY a section of Roma are involved in (generally) petty crime".

The answers are all there and I don't understand why you want to deny a people their culture. It doesn't make any sense to me in your world view. Then again you live in Munich where you don't have to deal with it apart from this thread and a couple of T.V programs.

The answers are all there and I don't understand why you want to deny a people their culture.

So your allegation is that Roma, due to their ethnicity, and for no other reasons engange in crime?

And you wonder why you get called racist and suspected of being a fascist?

Then again you live in Munich where you don't have to deal with it apart from this thread and a couple of T.V programs.

You really need to pay attention.

There are Roma in Munich who seasonally appear, most obviously begging. Between Stachus and Hauptbahnhof is the palce I see them.

I have seen a number of Roma working as male prostitutes locally recently that weren't around before.

And having spent a significant amount of my time over the last 20 years in Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania I am not unaware of some issues surrounding Roma.

So your allegation is that Roma, due to their ethnicity, and for no other reasons engange in crime?

I didn't mention ethnicity I used the word culture. It's like TV culture, the culture of blame, happy slapping culture. The world changes and our perception of what our culture is adapts every day and hour. You should check out the concept of culture before you get it confused with the afore mentioned ethnicity. Mostly a chance for the NS Liberals to play a rather rubbish hand and brand others racists and the likes. So back to our local criminals. You don't think growing up to learn how to steal and cheat is a bad thing and it is our fault for not having a time machine or accepting the bullshit that is served up on a plate by your good self? Then again I suppose it's no different to our society as we know it so... why not!

Whether you decide to charge all Roma with criminality becasue of their etnicity directly or becuase of a culture based on their ethnicity, it's still a racist slur.

When you start to realise you are losing the argument, throwing around meaningless phrases like "NS liberals" in desperation is not going to help you win it.

I hate that terminology 'liberal', it's like people who are left leaning have just given up trying to argue a case for reasonable, rational thought against the right and conceded to being labeled with a catch-all description for anyone that isn't a fucking halfwit.

The Americans seem to have exported their narrow political spectrum to the rest of the world, and as usual, the rest of the world has bought it.

parnell, again I have to point out the aspects of my posts that you have wilfully ignored.

Any further discussion on this should be brought to another thread

Dearie me , we're not getting very far - I shoot down two of your central "differences" between male circumcision and FGM and you fail to respond to said facts (with for example stats proving the contrary) rather posting another bunch of guff.

I don't know how many remember that a few month ago I have asked how to help the annoying "You Speak Eeeenglish?" children. Children shouldn't be beggars in my book...

Several interesting things have happened in the past couple of weeks.

Several dozens of Roma have come from Romania, as tourists

I don't know if it has been mentioned, quite frankly I am not reading through 28 pages to find out, before I go to work.

I don't know where they come from "officialy", but 99,99% of those that have acosted me in Berlin have the best Manchester/Lancashire accents you have EVER heard, and the English is, allowing for the fact they are probably from Manchester/Lancashire, good enough to prove to me there is something damn dodgy going on here, attributing them to Eastern Europe. These are "Mother tongue Manchester/Lancashire", I know, I am Mother tongue Scouse.

No that has not been brought up before - when you say "accosted" what exactly do you mean?

Na. as usual six appear on the S-Bahn, or in some Berlin square, (Breitscheidplatz or Potdamer Platz are favourires) and start with the old "I am poor. Everyone hates me, my kiddy has no food, Please give me €20 so I can feed me kid like!" (Pointing to the lump of lard laying asleep in the EXTREMLEY expensive looking pram. (Curious how they NEVER wake up and cause a fuss isn't it? Drugged maybe? They have been caught doing it in London and Stockholm)).

ALL in pure Manchester/Lancashire. And YES €20 seems to be the going rate!

What happens typically is they follow you round then curse or spit on you. I must say however that the Police do little and these Roma people are slaves.

They are slaves?

When in Berlin, I have only ever seen women begging, with or without kids. They come up to you with this little piece of cardboard they want to show you. They say "Do you speak English?" but if you just shrug your shoulders, they go away.

In English?

If you do not pay them what typically happens?

Because my Grand, Great grand, great great grand e.t.c, Mothers were Schamäne (Shamans), in WAY North Scandinavia, I have a few choice curses to reuturn. And I make the fact plane.

But normaly they just persist till three "Fu...(go aways)", and give up. My theory is that they do not need to press some one 1,78m, and about the same around the shoulders, wearing motorcycle club back patches and a beard that would make a Wiking weep, too long, because they know it only wastes time when they could be putting the heavy on some old Granny from Texas.

Time is money even for the begger.

Thing is with these women, they are DAMN good looking, AND well dressed in a "gypsy" way. They are not your Ena Sharples types. They APPEAR, in the short time we are aquainted, to be educated, and, as I have said, their English is EXCELLENT, if localised.

They are slaves?

Yes they are by all means, 'owned', so to speak by Gangmasters and their, 'Takings', are counted each evening along with a full body search. These women and children are then allow to cook food, a floor is provided to sleep on before being raped by their bosses at bedtime and then another 18 hour day. A terrible way of life but as you will have noticed people on this thread find this progressive and think anyone who would dare to say it's shite is a Nazi.

Yes they are by all means, 'owned', so to speak by Gangmasters and their, 'Takings', are counted each evening along with a full body search. These women and children are then allow to cook food, a floor is provided to sleep on before being raped by their bosses at bedtime and then another 18 hour day. A terrible way of life but as you will have noticed people on this thread find this progressive and think anyone who would dare to say it's shite is a Nazi.

I have a drink with a social worker now and again who has dealings with such things which doesn't make me an expert but...

But... is right. I know a guy who knows a guy who says that all people with moustaches are gay. And he works at a gay support hotline, so he must know.

Could they be putting the social worker on with sob stories to try to get cash and/or benefits? Or just because? There was another thread here about Roma some time ago or was it maybe this one some 20 pages ago where somebody talked about having moved to a middle class neighbourhood and having found out that one of the woman they'd seen begging at the train station was their neighbour. No info on if there were umpteen people sleeping on the floor in that house between working 18 hour days but I'm sure as their neighbour, their might have noticed if that was the case.

What do you want people to do horse? Dress up as Roma and infiltrate the group? You really are living up to your name and either you don't want to know because you are unhinged enough or you are a gangmaster yourself.

See, I don't think they all live in mansions and drive Audis but I don't think they all work 18 hour days and are run by gangmasters either. I think the truth lies probably somewhere in between. In any case, to me, they are pesky beggars and I don't give them money, both because it doesn't really help them in the long run and also because I don't have enough money to be giving it away.