Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Classical music - Open air concert at Odeonsplatz

12 posts in this topic

München Ticket is now offering tickets for the classical evening on Odeonsplatz, running for the 5th year.

I haven't been yet but intend to go this year. Post if you want to join on the Sunday. It's supposed to be really special as Odeonsplatz is lovely. :)

post-16-1109754339.jpg

I have been there two years ago and I wouldn't go there again.

Unless you have really nice tickets (which cost their price) you sit on a very unconfortable plastic chair. As the ground actually is not even but goes down the further you are away from the hall, you sit a bit in a hole.

We had tickets for 36€ each so wasn't the cheapest ones.

It is less a cultural event but more a being seen thing, I found, but that was just my own personal view.

I love classical music but was pretty disappointed of that one.

The chosen pieces are nice, easy and mostly known.

yeah, for me it's just one of the "to be ticked off" things in Munich, every year I've said I'll go and haven't. Same for the Open air kino, I made it once in the end, in 5 years!

I thought some of you might be interested in it. If its warm and dry it might be a nice oppurtunity to sit on the grass at the hofgarten and enjoy the music.

Saturday will be „A Tribute to Leonard Bernstein“

Sunday will be the Munich Philharmonic

You can also pay and go to the concert officially with tickets and seats and stuff.

http://www.muenchen.de/verticals/Veranstal...deonsplatz.html

Hi BG, I was there last year, got one of the expensive tickets and I was more than disappointed. You didn't see anything and you were far to away to get the audio experince for seeing a live concert.

Unless you sit within the first 12 rows you are pretty screwed.

If you happen to be in the area or in Hofgarten (but most of that is closed because of the event anyway) and are able to listen to it, then do it, but it's not worth the money for sure.

The pieces they play are well selected and their performance is definitely beautiful though.

They close off lots of stuff on down the street. They don't want any stragglers sneaking close to get a 'free' earfull. I just passed through and watched them towing cars, blocking off bike lanes, etc.

Yes, all the chairs are plastic even in the first row and at this rate are going to have to be dumped from the rain that is collecting in them.

I wonder how I can get to work tonight since I have to go through Odeon's platz one way or another. Guess I will have to take the Ubahn to Marienplatz and walk back.

Another note, don't get off on the Odeon's platz Ubahn unless you are going to the show. They won't let you out of the underground station and you will have to return to the subway.

Just biked through there 20mins ago and they're starting to close everything off. It is insanely crazy down there...

This is unfortunate. The concept appealed to me, but now I'll give this idea a skip! Thanks for the info, what a pity!