Adult swimming lessons in Berlin

37 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to say I have been swimming with Allison for nearly 2 months now and it's been a great experience. Allison is a great swimmer and more importantly, coach! I am training for a triathlon and she has catered the swimming technique and exercises to my personal needs. I have improved so much and she is fully responsible for that! Not only is Allison a great swimmer (she beats all the boys in the pool!) but she's a great coach. As an athlete it's great to work with someone who knows their stuff and can break it down to your level. More importantly she is incredibly positive and a pleasure to be around. I highly recommend Allison, no matter your skill level.

Happy Swimming!

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to update my post, as it's been nearly a year!

My name is Allison, and I've been teaching swim lessons here in Berlin since last fall.

I am available for private or semi-private (2 participants) swimming lessons in English for adults.

Unfortunately I am not offering lessons for children at this time.

I am a former competitive (racing) and synchronized swimmer, and have taught swimming lessons for over 10 years, both privately and through the YMCA. I have also worked as a lifeguard, coached a non-competitive synchro team, and taught homeschool swimming lessons. I LOVE swimming, and I love to share the freedom that comes along with knowing how to swim with others.

I have taught all ages, from infants to adults (ranging from non-swimmers to triathletes), and have been able to help my students feel more comfortable and confident in the water. I focus on teaching proper breathing, body alignment, and stroke techniques as desired (free style, back stroke, breast stroke, butterfly), as well as resting stokes/treading water for beginning swimmers. I am also able to assist in stroke assessment and putting together a workout plan for more advanced swimmers who are looking for a coach.

Please feel free to contact me at allisonhalter@gmail.com to discuss your goals and current swimming level, scheduling and prices, or with any questions.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Allison

Hi everyone

I am offering learn to swim and advanced stroke correction to all ages in a relaxed, friendly and safe environment. Englisch oder Deutsch

I am an experienced competitive swimmer, lifeguard and swimming instructor with more than 10 years of experience. I have competed in swimming at the highest level for South Africa, and completed my undergraduate degree in the United States thanks to a swimming scholarship.

I am fully certified as a lifeguard and swimming instructor. I specialize in teaching learn to swim to children of all ages, advanced competitive stroke correction, and adult lessons in a relaxed and safe environment. I have had much success helping people of all ages conquer their fear of the water and go on to become excellent swimmers. My multi-cultural background and friendly attitude enables me to work with people from all backgrounds. I speak fluent English, as well as some German.

Berlin is well equipped with many great indoor swimming pools throughout the city, with many shallow swimming pools great for learning to swim.

A one-to-one lesson: €20 for an hour (group lessons upon request for a discount)

Please email for any questions or to arrange a lesson. I look forward to hearing from you :)

Chris

also see: http://berlinswim.blog.com/

Swimming Lessons in Berlin through English

I have extensive experience teaching swimming to children and adults of all ages. It is my belief that swimming skills should be introduced to children to instill a love of water and also as an essential safety skill. The ability to swim opens up many options later in life from water-sports to a very important fitness activity. I am a firm believer that it is never too late to learn to swim and have great success with older clients who protested that they would never be able to do it at the start but through a series of enjoyable lessons, eventually progressed beyond their initial aspirations.

http://learntoswim.blog.com/2010/02/10/berlin-2010/

Would be happy to hear from you

Ciara

Hello

I know the title says Adult Swimming lessons however I am looking for someone to undertake children`s swimming lessons. I have 2 children and my neighbour 2 children for whom we would like to have a private trainer. We would envisage 2 groups so 2 in each group for half an hour each. We came here from Australia. Can anyone recommend a trainer? We live in Friedenau.

We do not want to do the scheduled training courses as they seem to concentrate solely on breaststroke and my son and daughter were taught freestyle in Australia.

Hi all

I am again offering learn to swim as well as advanced stroke correction to all ages, GETTING READY FOR SUMMER 2014! :)

I am an experienced competitive swimmer, lifeguard and swimming instructor with more than 10 years of experience. I have competed in swimming at the international level, and I am fully certified as a lifeguard and swimming instructor. I specialize in teaching learn to swim to children of all ages, advanced competitive stroke correction, and especially also to adults who never learned how to swim, or those who want to fine tune their stroke.

Berlin is well equipped with many great indoor and some outdoor swimming pools throughout the city, with most pools having both a lap pool and a smaller,shallow swimming pools great for learning to swim. I usually teach at Stadbad Fischerinsel in Mitte, and since I live in Kreuzberg I also teach around this area (Bad am Spreewaldplatz and Sommerbad Kreuzberg.) Other locations also possible upon request.

A one-to-one lesson: €25 per lesson (about 50 minutes to an hour long)

Please email, call or SMS me for any questions or to arrange a lesson. I look forward to hearing from you :)

Chris

also see: http://berlinswim.blog.com/

Hello Berlin swimmers!

I wanted to update my post to let you know that I will no longer be teaching swimming lessons here in Berlin, as I am returning to the states next week.

Thanks so much to everyone I've gotten to work with here in the past two years!

Best,

Allison

Hi,

Is anybody here knowing some English speaking (at least a little, I can learn some German) swimming coach (or good swimming classes) to prepare me for a triathlon please? I did try some of contacts from this topic, but no response. Probably outdated. Thanks for any tips, highly appreciated! Filip

Hello Berliners,

Have anyone information to update this Topic? I am looking for Adult Swimming Course, and I could not find any fresh information yet.

Hi

Anyone looking for adult/children swimming lessons, I would like help you out if I can. I have 26 years experience teaching children, adults and those with special needs. I can only teach in English though. If anyone is interested, just leave me a wee message and will see what I can do to help you out

Janie

If anyone is interested in getting swimming lessons, I would be more than happy to offer lessons in exchange for football lessons :)

Hi 

I am 37 years old, male. I would like to swim regularly but do not know how to swim. I have a Berliner Bäder near me but the adult swimming classes are at 1pm which I cannot do because of my job. 

So, my question is, is it possible to join the swimming pool and learn swimming by myself from YouTube? Will they allow it?

Thanks

Deepak

On 16/10/2017, 16:13:03, Aelulu said:

If anyone is interested in getting swimming lessons, I would be more than happy to offer lessons in exchange for football lessons :)

Hi, Can you please teach me swimming for a fee?

Thanks

Deepak

@ Madfox - Aelulu hasn`t posted on TT since June, so might well have left the country.

Have you thought of going to the swimming pool and asking to at least be put in touch with the teacher of the adult classes? Whilst they might not want to give out personal information of their staff, you could leave your email/phone number and ask them to contact you regarding private lessons.