Adult swimming lessons in Berlin

33 posts in this topic

Hi There,

I'm looking for swimming lessons in Berlin, i can swim and thread water for long periods,

but i'm not a very good swimmer and have never taken lessons so i would like to learn and improve some techniques, over arm stroke, swimming under water, diving. etc.

if anybody can recommend a place or a teacher it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

R

Hey,

I am also looking for swimming lessons. Have contacted some schools but they all are very expensive. I am a student and so looking if someone can teach me as part time and I can pay them.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Hi there.

My girlfriend used to be a top swimmer in Denmark and I know that she has given lessons before. She has spoken about the possibility of offering lessons here in Berlin before. I will obviously have to ask her again but it is possible that she will be keen. Are you still interested and what sort of terms were you thinking? Once or twice a week? Less, more? I'll get back to you about it!

Another option is to get a mate who can swim in the style you want to teach you. That's how I learned (pretty much from scratch) as an adult. Maybe the answer is for the two of you to get together! I don't think teaching yourself would be that hard either. A "teach yourself" book might help (or probably just the internet these days). Worked a treat for us, we learned all four strokes, dives, turns etc in the correct way. And watch others too.

I found it quite easy. Managing the water is the key, then you can do anything. The problem I think a lot of people have is they are taught as children on the premise of: "get them swimming any which way they can". This tends to result in a limited repertoire - a functional breaststroke and possibly backstroke that under no circumstance should involve head going underwater - and no great "feel" for water. It should be the opposite: learn to love the water and be fully comfortable in it and the technique just follows.

Underwater breathing sounds like the key to taking you forward (as you can't do crawl or butterfly or diving without it). Do that (with goggles of course) and the rest's a doddle - technique etc just bolts on. It's not inherently hard, takes a bit of familiarisation and practice and I used to sneeze a lot afterwards when I started learning it (don't now).

Swimming Lesson’s

I provide adult swim lesson’s for beginners to competent swimmers.

I can help you improve your:

- stroke technique, freestyle(over arm), breast stroke, back stroke and butterfly.

- streamline technique

- breathing technique

- tumble turning

- entry into the water(diving technique).

I can provided training programs for all levels of swimming abilities and fitness level.

I’m also working towards providing:

1. Adult swim squads that will be run once a week, for all levels of swimming ability.

2. Private swim lessons for children, 10 years old and up.

If you would like to know more then, email me: fitnessbynora@gmail.com

Thank you!

Nora

Hello everyone,

just an update on the swimming lessons.

I provide individual adult swimming lesson’s for beginners to competent swimmers.

- confidence in the water

- stroke technique, freestyle(over arm), breast stroke, back stroke and butterfly

- streamline technique

- breathing technique

- tumble turning

- entry into the water(diving technique)

I can provided training programs for all levels of swimming abilities and fitness levels.

I’ve been a competitive swimmer from the age of nine years old till I was nineteen and then I swam competitive as a surf life saver, these events included the surf swim, tube rescue, team events, I’m a qualified Swim Instructor, Swimming Coach, Junior Surf Coach and a Personal Trainer.

If you would like to know more then please, email me: fitnessbynora@gmail.com

Thank you to all my current clients, keep practicing and enjoying the beautiful of the water!

Nora

I know someone who runs a 'Sport Verein' (Sports Club) which focuses on teaching swimming. His staff offers swimming lessons to people of all ages. I'm not sure however if they offer swimming lessons in English.

His name is Joachim and his email is:

Berliner-Sport-und-Freizeit-eV@web.de

Hi everyone -

I just wanted to mention that I have taken a swim lesson with Nora (nmkiwi) and I think she is absolutely great! She was quickly able to identify the areas I was struggling with. Plus she is extremely friendly and her communication skills are excellent. I will definitely be continuing lessons with her.

I second that! I've also been taking swimming lessons with Nora for the last couple of months and she is terrific. As jonc said she was able to identify my problem areas straight away and created a program for me which i can work with myself in between lessons. Her instruction is excellent - a great balance between firm yet patient and encouraging!I have recommended Nora to my friends and two of them are also taking lesson with her and are extremely happy. i too will definitely continue my lessons with her and strongly recommend her if you are looking to improve your swimming.(or indeed if you are looking for the best massage in berlin!)

"The water is your friend....you don't have to fight with water, just share the same spirit as the water, and it will help you move".

Alexandr Popov

Adults One on One Swim Lessons Available...

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update...my availability is:

Monday to Friday: 3pm to 8pm - Saturday to Sunday 10am to 5pm

If you have any questions please contact me:

fitnessbynora@gmail.com or 0152 2758 6912.

Thanks

Nora

Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since posting, I'm now available part time teaching one on one private lessons.

I provide individual adult swimming lesson’s for beginners to competent swimmers. Lesson include discussing your ability, your confidence in the water and making achievable swimming goals.

- confidence in the water

- stroke technique, freestyle(over arm), breast stroke, back stroke and butterfly

- streamline technique

- breathing technique

- tumble turning

- entry into the water(diving technique)

I can provided training programs for all levels of swimming abilities and fitness levels.

"I wouldn't say anything is impossible. I think that everything is possible as long as you put your mind to it and put the work and time into it".

Michael Phelps

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Nora

"I wouldn't say anything is impossible. I think that everything is possible as long as you put your mind to it and put the work and time into it".

Michael Phelps

Easy for him to say ;)

The TU (Technische Universität) offers swim courses

Schwimmkurse TU it is available for students as well as for external people

and also the indoor swimming pools in Berlin:(go to "Aktuell" and there you can find the program for 1.Halbjahr and 2.Halbjahr)

Schwimmkurse

VG, Katrin

does anyone know what happened to Nora? is she still available for lessons? is she answering her e-mail?

thank you, guys! :)

Hello! My name is Allison, and I am new to Berlin and very new to this forum, but I wanted to offer my services as a swim instructor!

I am available for private or semi-private (2 participants) swimming lessons in English for children and adults.

I am a former competitive (racing) and synchronized swimmer, and have taught swimming lessons for over 10 years, both privately and through the YMCA. I have also worked as a lifeguard, coached a non-competitive synchro team, and taught homeschool swimming lessons. I LOVE swimming, and I love to share the freedom that comes along with knowing how to swim with others.

I have taught all ages, from infants to adults (ranging from non-swimmers to triathletes), and have been able to help my students feel more comfortable and confident in the water. I focus on teaching proper breathing, body alignment, and stroke techniques as desired (free style, back stroke, breast stroke, butterfly), as well as resting stokes/treading water for beginning swimmers. I am also able to assist in stroke assessment and putting together a workout plan for more advanced swimmers who are looking for a coach.

Just wanted to offer some additional services in case anyone is still looking (and if Nora is not available)!

Please feel free to contact me to discuss your goals and current swimming level, scheduling and prices, or with any questions.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Allison