Good restaurants in Fürth and Nuremberg

29 posts in this topic

Getting really frustrated with the very average food here in N-berg. Lived in Munich for 7 years and had great choice of restuarants.

Restuarants that have a good reputation, but we thought were crap were CHONGS...horrible tasteless burger and Sangam...completely bland Indian.

The one good place we have found is THAI FOOD 1 on Bucher Strasse. Horrible name, but truely good thai food. Not a fancy place to eat, but we do takeout.

Anyone else find restuarants that may be worth going to? Especially in the Hinter am Garten/Johannis area or innenstadt?

Nuremberg Restaurants in the TT Guide -- probably need updating.

Kuzzer strongly recommended Sangam above. You didn't like it? Edit, Oh I see you reviewed it already, good! Where did MadAxeMurderer have all those curry nights? He recommended Sur Mandir...

Ah, here's that old Curry Night thread, looks like once MAM left, the Curry Night faded away...

post-230-1216729811.gifFor this week’s exciting curry night, There's a new (well February 2008) South indian call the Indian corner in town, I've been twice, and its awesome. It tried to put up a review, but it got rejected as spam. My praise must have been too gushing. The powers that be have been informed.

They do a buffet with 6 vegetarian, and 4 meat dishes for €14.95. However on top of this you get soup, puri, idli, and a masala dosa. Those of you who know about my onion bhaji addiction might not me amazed to know that I'm similarly afflicted with a masala dosa addiction, and have always lamented the poor quality of these in Germany. Well this place does the best masalla dosa outside India, and Singapore.

You can also order ala carte, but I don't see the point considering what you get with the buffet.

The food is not as spicy as you'de expect from a South indian, however they did spice up one of the dishes for me to prove they could.

Address is Martin-Treu-Strasse 46

(Corner Rotschmiedgasse, between Hauptmarkt and Laufer Gasse)

@ Gen: Yes I did take a look at the Nuremberg rest list on TT, but not so many reviews.

@Sat: Thanks for the recommendations...will check them out.

Getting really frustrated with the very average food here in N-berg. Lived in Munich for 7 years and had great choice of restuarants.Restuarants that have a good reputation, but we thought were crap were CHONGS...horrible tasteless burger and Sangam...completely bland Indian.The one good place we have found is THAI FOOD 1 on Bucher Strasse. Horrible name, but truely good thai food. Not a fancy place to eat, but we do takeout.Anyone else find restuarants that may be worth going to? Especially in the Hinter am Garten/Johannis area or innenstadt?

Herr Lenz, not far from Thai Food I, has good organic and/or vegan food, but it is a bit pricy compared to other Nürnberg dining. Bombayhaus in Erlangen is the best Indian food I've tried in this area. Also, I like Sanuk, also in Erlangen, for Thai. Finally, Thai Food II, near IKEA, is pretty good Thai food. And one more, Our Place, in Fürth, has quite good ribs, wings, and burgers. Obviously different people have different tastes, but we agree on the terrible burgers at Chongs! :-)

This resterant

www.dampfnudelbaeck.de/

is on Johannnisstr. My apartment is also on Johannisstr and close by. I eat here frequently and it is good German food and very friendly.

cs

Now having lived in the NBG suburbs for almost 10 months, I would like to add my two cents:

Steak: EKU Inn is good, and the Steakpoint in the Karstadt basement is also worth a visit. Not open very late, but had a very good Charolais steak last week.

Tapas: I would also like to recommend Tapasitos, have been there 5 times since arriving in Nürnberg, and have not been disappointed yet. There are other things on the menu besides Tapas. Try the spare ribs.

Italian: Padella d'Italia is also on our list of downtown haunts. Good Italian menu, including pizza. La Cultura is also very good. A little pricey (good for a special occasion). Definitely a place where a reservation is highly recommended.

In the "other" category: Both "Cafe Lucas" and "Cafe Lorenz" are good for smaller, quicker meals.

Ate once in the Grand Hotel. The atmosphere was really nice, service was excellent, but the food was what you would find at any buffet-style event. Nothing to write home about, and the price was steep.

For some good Tex Mex, check out Chilli's http://www.yelp.com/biz/chillis-f%C3%BCrth#hrid:GR01LRYcPgzBmvXNu2Q7vw

Hey all,

So here is my 2 cents. I love love LOVE this Thai place www.o-sha.de, its nearly always full and you will need to book but it so worth it (some friends of mine have been to Thailand before and they say that the food is very authentic). I also love Delphi its a greek place and has great service very fancy a little more expensive than some places but also worth it (I love the duck there and the oktopus salad starter)and every chance I get I go to one of these two places.