Good restaurants in Fürth and Nuremberg

29 posts in this topic

Hi - I will be in Fürth/Nuremberg this weekend with a friend. I wondered if anyone could recommend some good places to eat around the two cities.

I am looking for suggestions that fall between cheap to, I suppose, max 30 Euros per person (drinks and main dish). I'm up for any type of food - if it's good, I'm happy.

thanks for any tips or for sharing your personal favorites!

Hi there!

Do visit Suchi Glass, if you like sushis...

A very nice place... you need like 25e per person

If you like Sushi then I would recomend Hiro Sakao in Furth, two of us usually eat and drink for around 20-25 per person.

If Greek is your thing then I highly recommend Graf Moltke My wife and I usually get out for around 30 for both.

Thai food then the aptly named Thai Food II would be my pick

If Tapas floats your boat then it is hard to go past Tapasitos

If you have a hankering for a good burger then either Chongs Diner or California Bar & Grill with both of them good for breakfast/brunch but make sure you book at Chongs if you want a Sunday Breakfast.

If Beef is on the cards then a trip to Furth and Mikes Eku Steak house is a must. I have recently heard negative comments about the Eku steak house in Nuremberg so the trip to Furth would be worth it.

Hope that helps

Balk

thanks for the replies - we enjoyed sushi at sushi glas!

staying in furth we didn't get to as many places in nuremberg as we hoped.

but, we are going again this fall so I will try a few more of the tips!

Hey Shelly!

I live in Nürnberg one year. I was walking in the center of the city last week looking for a nice restaurant and I found one!

It's Italian. The Name is Padelle d'Italia you can even go on their website! www.padelleditalia.de

I loved it! It's very nice, some tables you can sit and kind of look to the kitchen (there is no door) so it's very nice because you can even watch from time to time the Chef making the meals.

Also it's nice you see the kitchen because it's very clean. If you don't want too, there are some tables outside or not as closer to the kitchen where i was. It doesn't smell food, it's just very very nice

The waiter is very nice and kind as well the chef. The food is the best ever!

My husband and I had some appetizers, and we ordered a "Pasta with Salmon" that is was to die for. We even drunk a bottle of wine and both of us together spent 44 euros.

The ambient is very nice, it's a small place but it's very comfortable and nice.

I don't know the owner but definite I will come back

Follow above the address of the restaurant in case you want to go! I give 10 for this restaurant! ;)

Padele d'Italia

Theatergasse 17, 90402 Nürnberg

Tel: 0911 274 21 30/274 2131

Fax 0911 274 21 32

Email info@padelleditalia.de

Zum Guldenen Stern: Bratwurste and, erm, Bratwurste... or saure Zipfel for variety. But it's in an old half-timbered house, which is canny.

Bratwurst Röslein: Despite the name, not just Bratwurst! Probably the widest menu of the traditional/central/touristy-but-not-too-much restaurants.

Barfüßer: Been here loads, mainly because I've never had a bad meal and only once had bad service. They brew their own beer on the premises too.

If you're only in Nuremberg for one meal, then make it Barfüßer and have the Schäufele & Kloß (or the Frankenschmaus, which is the same - pork shoulder and potato dumpling - but you get to try Bratwurst and Sauerkraut as well). But if you're around for longer, then I'd have at least one meal at Bratwurst Röslein (I quite like duck, but looking at the menu running up to Christmas, it's with orange sauce... but often I have the herring there, despite Nuremberg not being particularly sea-faring!)

Hope that helps.

i searched. haven't found it yet. there is actually a chinese restaurant in pegnitz that has a few dishes. so far the best i have had was in cologne though.

If you have a hankering for a good burger then either Chongs Diner or California Bar & Grill with both of them good for breakfast/brunch but make sure you book at Chongs if you want a Sunday Breakfast.

The burgers in Chongs are FAR better than the lackluster (and much smaller) offerings in California bar, IMHO. And the Chongs salads are amazing. Mind you, the brownies in California are a killer.

The only Dim Sum I know of is that restaurant in the train museum.

However, there is a really great asian grocery in the Altstadt. They have a huge selection of dim sum and all the things you need to cook it.

Just got home to FFM from a fantastic weekend in Nuremberg; first time there: you have a great city, chaps.

On the Saturday night we dined at a newly-opened Indian restaurant on the corner of Königstrasse and Königstormauer called Sangam (used to be the China Dragon / Jade Dragon / Jade Palace - something like that, anyway - Chinese restaurant). Without doubt the best Indian meal we've had in Germany in the approaching 2.5 years we've been here. Bloody marvellous, it was, and as good as a good Indian restaurant in the UK.

I suspect that its excellence is purely down to being newly-opened and gung-ho in the kitchen ("this is the way we do curry, you Germans!), and not yet having figured out that the local palate is not accustomed to the sort of well-spiced and intricately-flavoured dishes that this place turns out. I don't mean well-spiced as in "hot for the sake of hot" (although they do have a couple of Vindaloos on the menu), I mean as in subtle interminglings of spices and just the right amount of chili kick relative to the dish. As such, I fear for its longer-term success. Will it end up having to water-down its recipes, or will it stand its ground and go bust due to lack of custom?

So, Nuremberger ex-pats and visitors, try and cement its reputation and boost its cashflow by getting your sweet asses down there forthwith. Spread the word, tell 'em Kuzzer sent you B) *

Sangam

Königstrasse 83 - 87

Nuremberg

09 11 / 23 494 18

www.sangam-nuernberg.de

Enjoy

K

*not mandatory

p.s. the cigar bar on the Haupmarkt is also effing amazing. A totally civilised oasis of calm and good things.

Sangam is excellent.

The Maharaja Palace, in the Regensburgerstrasse, has just as good (if not better) food, and friendlier staff... :)

Yes, after years of drought we have two good Indians in Nürnberg. :)

Hello Nuremberg!

Can anyone please recommend some of the best and fanciest restaurant in Nuremberg? It's for a very special occasion and I am willing to pay, but it has to be good, like Tim Raue's Ma in Berlin.

Thanks!

There is now a brand new Dim Sum restaurant in Fürth. It's located at Helmstr. 4, opens daily at half past 5 pm. The name of the restaurant is "Dim Sum" :)

Greetings

UHM

There's a great restaurant near the Opernhaus called Estragon. Small, sort of expensive, weekly menu designed by chef, absolutely delightful!

I've come to find that "great" is a relative term here with regards to breakfasts (especially if you're used to the North American variety of eggs-bacon-pancakes-coffee etc.), but a couple of places in Nuremberg stand out:

Balazzo Brozzi on the edge of Gostenhof is the place we regularly take our American guests on weekday mornings. It's a big space, dog friendly, and sports 2 outdoor seating areas. Very laid-back hippie vibe, and the breakfasts are agreeably huge. The "Amerikanische" has home fried potatoes (cut, not shredded, alas...), fried eggs, and passable bacon with bread on the side. Their weekend brunch (where the place is a zoo, and they do not offer the weekday menu) is another matter however. Location is a bit tucked away and parking is dicey at best, but it's the best breakfast place I've found in town.

Bar California in the Altstadt has its share of fans, is easy to get to, never crowded at that time of day, and is pretty solid food-wise. The coffee is lousy though.

Cafe Lucas (part of the Lucas Hotel) in the Altstadt tends to get overlooked for weekday breakfasts (their weekend brunches have an enthusiastic following), but they are reliably good and offer a wide selection of breakfast staples so you can pick-and-choose exactly what you want a la carte.

I haven't been there for breakfast myself, but Cafe Fatal in the NW part of Nuremberg has a good reputation, good coffee, outdoor seating... and free Wi-Fi.

Hope this helps-- good luck!

g