Cycling tours around Munich

7,671 posts in this topic

Maibaum Labour Day Special: 10am Marienplatz sbahn

Cyclists of Munich unite, you have nothing to lose but your chains. 

No cheap joke goes overlooked this May day as we head out to Fürstenfeld Bruke to celebrate Spring. We will do a round of roughly 50Km that, if all timings work out as scheduled, includes the chance to see a Maibaum being lifted at lunchtime.

Terrain will be rough gravel at worst – mostly tarmac

Please bring bikes in good working order, cash, waterproofs, lights.

1. Simon
5….

No cheap joke goes overlooked this May day as we head out to Fürstenfeld Bruke to celebrate Spring. We will do a round of roughly 50Km that, if all timings work out as scheduled, includes the chance to see a Maibaum being lifted at lunchtime.

Please bring bikes in good working order, cash, waterproofs, lights.

1. Simon
2. Allershausen 
5….

1. Simon
2. Allershausen 
3. luixv
4. Christian (a friend of mine)
5….

6 minutes ago, luixv said:

1. Simon
2. Allershausen 
3. luixv
5. Salma

1. Simon
2. Allershausen 
3. luixv
5. Salma

6. RainKing

1. Simon
2. Allershausen 
3. luixv
5. Salma

6. RainKing

7. kreanu (call me a maybe, I have an interview in the evening, and my risk of losing the chains is substantial)

Maibaum Labour Day Special: 10am Marienplatz sbahn

1. Simon
2. Allershausen 
3. luixv
5. Salma
6. RainKing
7. kreanu (call me a maybe, I have an interview in the evening, and my risk of losing the chains is substantial)
8. NewChris

5 hours ago, newchris said:

Maibaum Labour Day Special: 9:30am Marienplatz sbahn

No cheap joke goes overlooked this May day as we head out to Weßling to celebrate Spring. We will do a round of roughly 50Km that, if all timings work out as scheduled, includes the chance to see a Maibaum being lifted at lunchtime.

1. Simon
2. Allershausen 
3. luixv
5. Salma
6. RainKing
8. NewChris

Maibaum Labour Day Special: 9:30am Marienplatz sbahn

No cheap joke goes overlooked this May day as we head out to Weßling to celebrate Spring. We will do a round of roughly 50Km that, if all timings work out as scheduled, includes the chance to see a Maibaum being lifted at lunchtime.

1. Simon
2. Allershausen 
3. luixv
5. Salma
6. RainKing
8. NewChris

9. PeterC

Maibaum Labour Day Special: 9:30am Marienplatz sbahn Cyclists of Munich unite, you have nothing to lose but your chains.  No cheap joke goes overlooked this May day as we head out to Weßling to celebrate Spring. We will do a round of roughly 50Km that, if all timings work out as scheduled, includes the chance to see a Maibaum being lifted at lunchtime.Terrain will be rough gravel at worst – mostly tarmac Please bring bikes in good working order, cash, waterproofs, lights. Sign up below if you wish to come: 

1. Simon

2. Allershausen 

3. luixv

5. Salma

6. kreanu (call me a maybe, I have an interview in the evening, and my risk of losing the chains is substantial)

7. NewChris

8. PeterC

Maibaum Labour Day Special: 9:30am Marienplatz sbahn Cyclists of Munich unite, you have nothing to lose but your chains.  No cheap joke goes overlooked this May day as we head out to Weßling to celebrate Spring. We will do a round of roughly 50Km that, if all timings work out as scheduled, includes the chance to see a Maibaum being lifted at lunchtime.Terrain will be rough gravel at worst – mostly tarmac Please bring bikes in good working order, cash, waterproofs, lights. Sign up below if you wish to come: 

1. Simon

2. Allershausen 

3. luixv

5. Salma

6. kreanu (call me a maybe, I have an interview in the evening, and my risk of losing the chains is substantial)

7. NewChris

8. PeterC

9. Gen

THURSDAY 5th April 2016. The holiday weather forecast is bright and clear, so we have to get out. This is time we go to my favorite beergarden:  

Link to map

We will take BOB trains to Holzkirchen, and set off south through fairly flat land to the glorious views and great beer at Kloster Reutberg. (15km)

Now the route goes past a lake, more views and we go along a brand new route with more climbing and advenure than before, down into, and back up from the Isar valley to our lunch stop (17km).

Finally there are a couple of excellent hills to climb before a long glide back down to the Isar to Lenggries, nestling among what snow may be left. (20km)

Surfaces: mostly quiet road, some gravel tracks. A few medium hills, perhaps steep in places

Distance: about 55 km

Meet up: Thursday 5th May 9.10am, Hauptbahnhof station at the BOB platform (end Gleis 34 ish). BOB arr. Holzkirchen 0952

Bring: eye protection, raingear, sunblock, money, bike (with both brakes working, gears and tyres in good condition), warm clothes, lights

Tickets: I will sort out partner BOB-MVV tickets (31 euros between 5). You will also need to buy a  Bayern Fahrradkarte. €5

1. RainKing

==== Limited to 20 people. ====

Meet up: Thursday 5th May 9.10am, Hauptbahnhof station at the BOB platform (end Gleis 34 ish). BOB arr. Holzkirchen 0952

Bring: eye protection, raingear, sunblock, money, bike (with both brakes working, gears and tyres in good condition), warm clothes, lights

Tickets: I will sort out partner BOB-MVV tickets (31 euros between 5). You will also need to buy a  Bayern Fahrradkarte. €5

1. RainKing

2. Allershausen (No ticket required)

1. RainKing

2. Ralex

1. RainKing

3.  Ralex

1. RainKing

3.  Ralex

4. Floozy McShriekybat

Meet up: Thursday 5th May 9.10am, Hauptbahnhof station at the BOB platform (end Gleis 34 ish). BOB arr. Holzkirchen 0952

Bring: eye protection, raingear, sunblock, money, bike (with both brakes working, gears and tyres in good condition), warm clothes, lights

Tickets: I will sort out partner BOB-MVV tickets (31 euros between 5). You will also need to buy a  Bayern Fahrradkarte. €5

1. RainKing
3.  Ralex
4. Floozy McShriekybat
5. Boozy McSqeakyBike

Meet up: Thursday 5th May 9.10am, Hauptbahnhof station at the BOB platform (end Gleis 34 ish). BOB arr. Holzkirchen 0952

Bring: eye protection, raingear, sunblock, money, bike (with both brakes working, gears and tyres in good condition), warm clothes, lights

Tickets: I will sort out partner BOB-MVV tickets (31 euros between 5). You will also need to buy a  Bayern Fahrradkarte. €5

1. RainKing
3.  Ralex
4. Floozy McShriekybat
5. Boozy McSqeakyBike
6. Luixv + n (where n is >=0)