Humour that only works when you know some German

130 posts in this topic

I could come up with at least a dozen German euphemisms for "male appendage," but have never heard it referred to as a Playboy.

I remember messaging someone on the internet and it was her husband at the computer. He told me his name was "Billy Boy". I advised him not to tell a German what his name was and he took offence when I explained it to him .

I could come up with at least a dozen German euphemisms for "male appendage," but have never heard it referred to as a Playboy.

But if you used any of those, it wouldn't be a joke anymore. The "funny" part is supposed to be the use of the names of the magazine and newspaper as a play on words.

Joke Analysis 101, eh? :D

Twelve Wehrmacht soldiers were raping a Polish girl. She struggled, screaming "Nein, nein!"

So three of them left.

Orla, you appear to be a bit irritable. Are you having your Times?

There is no need to Telegraph it.

Orla, you appear to be a bit irritable. Are you having your Times?

You are not a very good Observer.

Not sure if this fits with the topic but I have always enjoyed having VollKorn Recht...

Some kind of bread/schnapps superiority...

Maybe that only works if you speak German and English...

Speaking with a European Voice, but not as an Economist, I remain Independent, and must look in the Mirror before enjoying (sic) the Sun. Time has come to act as a Guardian for the Evening Standard. BTW, I am not a Daily Star, nor am I The Scotsman here. Sometimes I take the Daily Expresswhich rarely achieves a Daily Record, but, (for Orla_Inka) gives me the chance to think back on my Irish Times.

:P

Perhaps some people remember the Daily Heralding of the News of the World to The People. They were Sporting Times, allowing you to savour the The Pink 'Un without the risk of being Punched whilst making the customary Daily Sketch!

Now reaches it. I must now further work, otherwise come I to the briefcase after the late emptying and must then to the brief distribution centre go. And that is called 30 minutes with the street train and 15 minutes to the feet!