Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Racism at pubs in Hannover

5 posts in this topic

I just wanted to share my personal experience with all you people.

Recently, I along with some other friends went for a wel known Disco( behind hbf), and at the entrance, the security guy didn't allow us in just for the reason that I was brown skinned even though I went with a white girl as a couple. The guy first said I was brown and had black hair and when asked why, he carelessly replied I dont know you, I wont let you go in. Such a sort of thing never happened to ' to me in my life.

After this experience, it disturbed me a lot and brings to the point that racism still exists somewhere or the other in Germany. I hope that idiot will in Germany only and doesn't travel to any other country and create such situations anywhere else.

Simple stupidity and nothing more..

If it had been me, I'd have walked right up to Mr. Bossy boots and given him a piece of my mind. I'd have insisted that I enter the establishment, even if the place was full of angry bald unemployed men. Maybe it was the way you were dressed or the way you acted?

Maybe this "racist" actually saved your ass from going into a place and that you could have been really beat up or worse. Of coarse racism exists, it exists everywhere! When I'm in asia, I pay twice what a local pays. Is that racism? In Africa, people think I'm rich because of my skin colour, is that racism? Must have been quite the shock for you to realize that Germany is just like everywhere else, only better in my opinion and that's why I live here.

I'm sorry English teacher, I was dressed appropriately that night. The thing I hated was he said that directly on my face that I was brown and I cannot allow you inside, who the F**K is he to not allow me inside, he shouldn't decide which persons to enter based on skin color, that utter stupidity. It doesn't matter what would have happened inside, if I would have beaten or killed, I was appropriately dressed, I had a girl, what else does anybody want to go into a disco?

I acknowledge your point that racism exists everywhere but not so openly as I experienced the other night. But at least you should see and respect other person as a human being. Thats missing...

When I'm in asia, I pay twice what a local pays. Is that racism?

No its pragmatism.

In Africa, people think I'm rich because of my skin colour, is that racism?

No its a truism (if you are travelling in Africa and you are white you are far richer than the person who makes this judgment).