Best döner kebabs in Frankfurt

7 posts in this topic

Having got hooked on kebabs in Dresden, I came to Frankfurt only to discover that they're nowhere near as good here! So to those of you in the know: where is the best kebab that you've had in Frankfurt?

The best I've had here is Bistro Sahin on Leipzigerstr. Great bread and meat.

Köylü seconded. Seriously, who cares if they charge €1 more for a really good Kebap? In general the ones near the Zeil aren't very good. Closer to the red light district where rents are cheap and they are a lot better. There's one down there called Alanya or Antalya where we get takeaway every second Dönerstag.

I had a similar thought today, where is the best LAMB kebab in Frankfurt?

It seems most of the kebab shops have chicken or some kind of beef mix doner, but where all those Lamb bad boys???

This thread is quite old so I thought I would get it going again!

Mahlzeit (seriously, that's what it's called) on Schwalbacher Str north of the Mainzer in Gallus. The boys do it up right, and they go through a volume where you can be pretty sure the meat is fresh.

Of kebabs and spit cooked meat: in the 1970s I was on a beach in Greece and an old man set up a fire and started cooking little lamb souvlaki.

Wow, they smelled so good. So went to have a look, and observed the guy, in order to stop the meat burning too much, was spitting on them from time to time.

So, I decided, well perhaps not: for about 10 minutes or so. Tasted really good.

I second newfoundlander's tip - Mahlzeit has hands down the best kebab in Frankfurt. In fact prolly the best I've ever had. Then again maybe I'm biased cos it's only a 2 mins walk from my place :)