Prague can still be dangerous

155 posts in this topic

So are you feeling better? Got some good drugs for the pain? Loads of choc milk to get some calories?

I have to say though, that looks seriously cool with all the screws. I guess you will find out if it will actually beep when you go through airports. My parents have artificial knees and they've been told to carry their x-rays but I don't think they usually beep.

That x-ray looks very impressive in a Hannibal Lecter kind of way. :ph34r:

Hope you're feeling better, Beaver!

From yesterday

post-18118-1240299799_thumb.jpg

You look like the Alien... if I was a tall bisexual brunette woman wearing a robot suit I would scream at you "Get away from her you bitch!"...

Got some good drugs for the pain?

I wish. They won't give me any even though 'it's the worst jaw break' they've seen in years. It does not feel good!

I'll be fine though. Chin up! :D

This is why I hoard old pain meds. Thank god for the Vicodin I brought over... one week after arriving in Germany I had a wisdom tooth pulled, and no pain meds given. Hurt like a SOB.

Beaver, I had a nightmare last night about getting attacked from behind and hit in the head with a bat. damn flashbacks. I sat up in bed yelling. I think I need to stay out of this thread. :lol:

Even Vicodin doesn't do much for me. Nor Percoset/Oxycodone. I'll just say, Alaska was where it was at

I've had some really bad injuries from skiing and surfing and, well, falling off of mountains. I've spent time in hospitals all over the world. I've settled down a bit over the past 3 years. Sheet happens :D I wouldn't change any of it. Okay, I wish I was a better photographer back in the day...

Pain is second nature to me. This last little incident was pretty bad, though. Again, Sheet happens.

If you can find them, the Aleve Night tabs are really good. If you can't find them, I can send you some. I have access :D PM me. I will make it happen. You will dream - just not bad things. More like - 'what the f' was that???' :D

Have you ever been on morphine? I have, and it nearly killed me (yes, I heard the doc screaming so as I was convulsing). I now wear a bracelet. But, hydro-morphone, its cousin, was the bomb. I've never been into drugs at all, but that was some good scheit. :lol: I have a pretty high tolerance to pain, that is why I hoard meds rather than take them. ;) I've got codeine, Vicodin, naproxen, ... I, too, have had my share of accidents (also skiing).

edit: they are definitely more cautious here than in the USA about pain killers (and everything else). My doc here didn't believe my US medical bracelet and wanted to give me a barrage of tests (requiring hospital stay) to see what meds I am allergic to/ cause anaphylaxis. I have just decided to put my current medical issues on hold until I get back to CA. Too much trouble, here (especially since my German isn't good enough)!

The first time I ever had Percoset, they made me so happy. I would just sleep on them for the most part but I'd wake up, feel extremely happy and then go back to sleep. After I was in bed a couple of days I stopped taking them because I figured I'd never do anything. I had them again a 2nd time and didn't feel anything. I've tried Demerol too at some point but again, didn't get any high. I've had morphine exactly once and it was awesome. It was making me throw up constantly but heck if I cared. I remember laying in a hospital bed taking turns drinking water and throwing it up again. The nurses gave me this tiny kidney shaped tray and I kept either missing it entirely or throwing up too much and overfilling it. After the nurses changed my sheets and robes about 3 times, they got tired off it and put me on something else.

edit: they are definitely more cautious here than in the USA about pain killers (and everything else).

No shit, in America my back pain got me muscle relaxers, here I got big Ibuprofin pills.

Yeah, if I remember correctly, Demerol didn't make me very high, just helps knock you out (so you don't remember... think colonoscopy -- you don't WANT to remember). However that time I was on some sort of full "cocktail" -- funniest thing was when the nurse asked me Qs about what drugs had I ever taken, I answered NONE (truth) , she looked around to make sure no one was listening and with a perfect Southern drawl said "hun, you don't know what you been missin'!!" :lol:

Can you imagine a German nurse cracking jokes? I can't. Then again, they get paid quite well in the USA.

I don't have the time or the inclination to go back through this rubbish and read it all over again. I just wanted to say that in re: the reports on murders worldwide first you have to report every murder. Then, they become statistics. I am sorry. I don't think there are extremely highly followed sunshine laws in some parts of the world and I regret to inform you that MOST governments lie about this. That mean DC may have had more murders that got moved off to suburban Virginia statistics and so on. Prague may not report at all or only a very small percentage. Here in little nowhere Mannheim, I watched a guy almost bleed out on a tram after my first few days here from a GSW to the chest. Nothing in the papers. No questions for me from police. Just a bit of food for thought.

Aside to Beaver: Alaska rocks. Real drugs when you're sick is a bloody great concept (dump the homeopathic B.S.). You and your bro are on my list of top ten tough guys for getting through it. That's what tough is. You don't always win, but you survive. I'd pick you for my team any time.

Mel! Christ! No! Don't open up this can of worms again! :o

A do NOT like your nasty comments about the Czech Republic! 'It does not count as a country any more'. What the hell?

If you don't like a comment made four years ago then the worst thing to do is resurrect a dead thread so that lots more people read it!