Prague can still be dangerous

155 posts in this topic

We were from Western countries and we took a train through the Czech republic to Prague.

Its a common mistake to lump the Czechs in with "Eastern Europe". They are a Western country which experienced a 30 year glich...historically, culturally, and socially the Czechs are Western as the Joimans (minus a few quid).

I thought the big tongue might perk you up a bit. [Laughter IS the best medicine, even if it hurts to smile! ]

At the least the locals helped you; keep that in mind.

I'm trying to keep a positive attitude through all this. And, like I wrote before, something like this could happen anywhere and it does. I guess it's just a tough lesson on the nature of the world that some of us end up living through. A sucky way to learn, but learn we do.

The people that helped me were actually...GASP...Americans even though the one guy was Asian-American. GASP again... ;) Very, very nice people. I also did meet some very nice Czech people that night and have met others in the past. I don't think I've ever blamed the incident on the Czech people in particular. I don't know how some people on here jump to such conclusions. Oh well, they sound pretty miserable and bitter. We'll just keep laughing at the world and doing the best we can in it :D

They were very brave to help you. In my case, we were a few white girls getting beat up by a huge gang of black men. How many of us on TT would stop and help?? I guess I can't blame them for speeding by... still...

And no, I did not start hating black men. I continued to date them. After a short hiatus, of course. ;) I'm sure you don't hate all Czechs, either. Some people on TT just like to stir up drama... I guess you've figured that out by now.

@SPig, like you wouldn't have come on here and told your story, had it happened to you? LOL

Americans even though the one guy was Asian-American.

Wow...now you are really starting to show your true colours! Pray tell us more about what your definition of a real American is?

I don't know how some people on here jump to such conclusions. Oh well, they sound pretty miserable and bitter.

read back through your posts and you might see how some people could view you as Europe bashing (your toady friends' posts notwithstanding)

I truly feel sorry for Beaver, but his comments seem indicative of one of these Suburbion Seppos we all love to hate in Europe.

Nice. Oh, I've never lived in a suburb either. Not once in my entire life.

I guess since we're now on this friendly name-calling basis, you won't mind if I use the term 'EuroTrash' to refer to everyone from your continent? Just checking. You obviously have some pretty heavy-handed preconceived notions about Americans in general or you wouldn't have made the comments you did. I really could care less. America is a large place and you're right in some instances. It's just too bad you can't apply such a liberal criteria to your own views about the lands you come from. But, I'm sure in your view, it's all lollipops and gumdrops and anything that disagrees with your outlooks is wrong and just evil. No room for compromise with a 'Seppo'.

Did you not read my revised, cooled-down post where I admitted I was wrong? Apparently not. Whatever. Enjoy another weekend full of self-loathing and bitterness.

By the way:

post-18118-1240058861.jpg

I recon you just came on here in self pity looking for comfort..

But you got more than you bargained for!

Nah, I'm not much of an attention whore. Just bored and thought I'd share my experience and pretty much knew what to expect. Honestly, I thought it would be worse! I've read TT enough to know that there are people who will argue about ANYTHING posting here. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and then you have... :)

you won't mind if I use the term 'EuroTrash' to refer to everyone from your continent?

Im from Ireland which is a little island in the Atlantic...not Europe

Just checking. You obviously have some pretty heavy-handed preconceived notions about Americans in general or you wouldn't have made the comments you did.

Not true, i just don't like it when Americans slander other peoples health, policing, education systems.

Oh, I've never lived in a suburb either.

Oregon is pretty close to Utah...you must have migrated.

Pray tell us more about what your definition of a real American is?

post-18118-1240059303.jpg

He's 1/4 White, 1/4 Cherokee Indian, 1/4 Canadian, 1/8 Japanese, 1/16 Mongolian and 1/16 Unknown

Now THAT's an American!

Not true, i just don't like it when Americans slander other peoples health, policing, education systems.

Well, I just don't like it when little Atlantic Islanders slander American's views. :blink:

PS - Ireland is part of Europe

From my home in Oregon to my favorite ski area in Utard it is over 1,500 kilometers. It's not that close. America is big. From my most current place of residence (where I own a home) in the US in ALASKA, it is over 4,600 kilometers to Utah.

I'm starting to think you're just fucking with me because I just don't see how anyone could take my posts so out of context. Unless you're extremely defensive. You've got a lot of work to do then. Lot's of slanderin' and bad talkin' goin ons in these parts.

I've got stuff to do. Have a good day, brah.

Have a good day, brah.

Utard

were you raised by Bill and Ted?

America is big

Nice one.

As if Americans do this anymore than anyone else...

theatergeek, shouldn't you be in a pub somewhere getting shitfaced and cracking jokes? That's what all my friends from Ireland do in most of their spare time. And they love America, that's why they moved there. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Carm, it's called Schadenfreude. When in Rome... er, I mean Munich. ;)

Reading this I don't know how I have been so lucky. Never ever had anything like this and it was only a few weeks ago I was wondering Prague completely hammered at about 5 in the morning in these areas. Alone as well I might add. I had been drinking in various bars with various people I met by talking to them when I went in them, locals, tourists, all sorts. In fact I do this everywhere I go, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Romania just to name a few from recently.

I'm not American though, and I don't as a lot of Americans I have met in Europe walk around shouting , being brash and loud letting everyone know I'm from America and "doing europe"

A few people have said to me they think Prague is dangerous, lots of robbers and that. Never had a problem myself, its like anywhere. Anywhere can be dodgy even your home town. But if you worried about danger all the time you wouldn't go anywhere and would just sit in a locked house al the time.

And you were there, Pig? Didn't think so. You've made this conclusion because the Beav is American? That's right. STFU.

Sometimes it's as simple as being at the wrong place, wrong time. Like my similar experience in S.F. [apologies to Fribble for my personal account, LOL]. Our cunts were not gobbed up with anything, that fateful night, I can assure you. :rolleyes: