Astra 2D and BBC/ITV reception in Germany

153 posts in this topic

woopie doo! then they were daft I would have nipped down and done it for nowt! and Last week was Last week! its this week that things have changed!

How strange...

I have only ever been to Mannheim once in my life... and that was the Irish bar, to deliver a new sat receiver!

Sorry but I think you will find that there is a dedicated thread for Bavaria Satellite and how impressed they are with his service, pretty much saving us single handedly from German telly for almost a decade.

There was Jeremy, but when I stopped advertising.. they pulled it...

@ StuartMartin.

Why do feel the need to come onto a forum and try to discredit myself and my company?

I would never dream of stopping you earning your wages.. so why do it to me?

Just cos I a knob on TT does not mean that I treat my clients the same way.

In Buetzow (MV) near Rostock my 1.2m dish wasn't big enough, I got a 1.9m which did the trick (apart from C5 etc). But now BBC channels have all gone. I guess the others will follow.

Should I be able to get Astra 2E if the alignment & line of sight were right?

I posted a comment about the cut off of all BBC channels on German Satellite.I think this was really

not a good thing to do.What about the English Speaking Pensioners and Children who live in Europe.I am

sure they will be quite devasted at not being able to watch any Television in English.I hope they will

find some solution soon.Incedently they did not cut off the Turkish or Arabic Channels in Germany.

They did it partly TO cut off all the English-speaking pensioners and children in (continental) Europe.

I am told that it will be difficult now to get any BBC Channels in Germany via satellite

Has anyone in North Germany restored their BBC Channels Yet.Thanks if you can help.

John-David - I posted this yesterday in forum Astra 2F and Astra 2E - New satellites arrive - now closed - "Sunday lunch time - Just north of Bremen - 80 CM dish - best BBC option for me right now - with signal strength hovering around 4.8 - 5.1 db are BBC1 East, BBC2 Scotland and BBC2 Wales - BBC1 SW, London, BBCSW are running around 2.9 -3.1 db and pixillating - Last night was able to watch BBC3 and BBC 4 both of which came in "good to watch" quality (including the Pink Floyd concert - around 23:00 along with the BBC News channel - but these vary in quality during the day as does the Channel 5 channels - I would still wait before investing in new equipment until the migration of the ITV and Channel 4 channels to the new satellite is completed as there may be some fine tuning yet to be done by SES (Astra satellite owner) - am no expert - just hoping my observations might help someone"

Apparently ITV and Channel 4 migrate tonight

Best to regularly check these forums Astra 2F and Astra 2E - New satellites arrive

What to do when you have lost your channels