English-speaking handymen for household repairs

12 posts in this topic

Hi, I am looking for recommendations for a handyman in Berlin.

I live at Potsdamer Platz, and am needing someone to take care of some repairs ASAP, such as:

• broken door frame
  • installing one of those `waterfall´ shower heads (i have the kit already)
  • window-washing? (seperately, if necessary. not sure who to call, I just need to take care of it auf Englisch. I live on the third floor and have huge windows that need to be washed outside. Recommendations as to this would be very welcome as well.)

So, basically nothing to terribly technical or specialized. Want someone competetively/reasonably priced, although quality is most important.

Thanks!!! :)

Hi.

I'm a former Londoner.

Many years experience in the building/furniture making trade.

I would be happy to do the work you have outlined.

Except I need more details Re. the door frame problem.

My rate is €15 an hour & I normally like to work a minimum of 4 hours.

Let me know if you are interested or need more info.

Cheers.

I could definately help ya out with those jobs, and would enjoy the work. I have been doing home remodeling for many years, everything from simple paint jobs to additions. Id love to come have a look. Price will not be an issue.

Have a great day!

Jeff

Hi,

I am looking for a handyman as described exactly as above to fix a broken door frame ASAP. If either of you are available please get in contact

thanks!

Hi

Am also looking for a handyman - putting up hooks, picture hanging, some lights, perhaps some shelves and some furniture assembly - if either of you are interested, please also contact me.

Thanks

My name is James, a trained joiner & carpenter from London,

relocated in Berlin in 2009.

More than 25 years of experience in high end refurbishment, constructions of deckings, flooring, handyman jobs such as repairing, removals, kitchen/furniture fitting, decorating. No job is too small!

Affordable prices, official German self-employed status.

For professional and reliable service, please contact:

James Ryall

ryall.james@yahoo.com

0176 - 70 77 68 47

Hi everyone. I would like to endorse the above handyman, James. He did a very nice job repairing a broken closet door for me last week.

James was inexpensive, came at a time that was best for me and finished in an hour. He can also provide official invoices if you need one for your Hausveraltung.

The other great thing about him is that no job is too small. When I first realised that I needed the door repaired, a lot of the carpenters/handymen I contacted refused to do the job because it was not big enough. James didn't mind and was also honest about how he could fix the door in order to save me money.

Finally, it is worth noting that James is a very nice person.

I enthusiastically endorse James for handyman work.

Another endorsement for James from me. Me & my missus contracted him to do some work for us a few weeks ago when we had a new kitchen fitted. This involved removing the old floor tiles, levelling the floor itself, installing new flooring and painting the kitchen. Not particularly easy or straightforward work, but James did a first-rate job and also assisted us in choosing suitable materials, etc. His hourly rates are reasonable, and he's a hard worker. I'd have no hesitation in recommending him.

Hi, I just moved within Berlin and used a handyman for both renovations on my old apartment and work on my new apartment.  He was very fast and did high quality work, and I would recommend him to other people here who need help with repairs, electric work, installation work (e.g. shelves, mirrors, cabinets), furniture assembly, etc.  He's German but speaks English very well (we only speak English together).  His email address it torkamay@aol.com and phone number is (0)157 82870182.

On 11/2/2016, 8:47:13, dannys said:

On 11/2/2016, 8:47:13, dannys said:

Hello, I had a wonderful contractor for the United States remodel my apartment . He did just beautiful work . Was very professional and did even extra work at no or very little cost. I would highly recommend him.  His prices were very reasonable. He name is Mark Mayer . He is in Berlin.  His phone number is 49 15210714684 . You may contact me 01305-962-3717 (Lou)

Hi, I have had a bad experience with my renovations.  I had a guy come over, he didn't make me feel so comfortable but I shrugged it off. I told him what I wanted to do my budget, basically paint, repair some spots, and generally refresh the rooms and give it a new look.  This guy suggested removing the textured parket wallpaper, which was not necessary to me but he really pushed this idea. So I thought, ok, yeah a different look! A few days later the work began. 

Well, what a mistake.  After much of the wallpaper in my living room came down, He then told me that there was uneven places in the walls, pointed out some places that need to be filled, and suggested plastering.  Suddenly my budget meant nothing to him, and he kept pushing more work, more money.  I felt trapped by a bully, and paid him for the hours worked and told him I didn't want to continue.  After several phone calls to try and get me continue,  I had to tell him to stop.  

So I was stuck with my trashed living room as my new problem.  I talked to friend and gave me the number of a friend who could fix my flat, Alex.

Alex was a life saver.  He charged much less than the other guy, at 10€.  It was also very agreeable to have him here.  :)  He was respectful, on time, understanding,  nice looking, and I knew I found the right person. The next week, the new wallpaper was up, living room painted, and it was looking good! He also repaired an old radio for me for no charge! It was great to talk with him too.  Real sweet guy.   He can do all kinds of repairs, because he has experience repairing so much.  He doesn't advertise handy work much but told me he enjoys this kind of work. If you are a woman, I would definitely recommend him. He is trustworthy.  He can repair all kinds of things, not just renovate. He is on here, and here is a link to find him.  Thanks Alex!

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/profile/278912-alex-l/

On 11/6/2016, 6:01:55, lovetotraveltheworld said:

Hello, I posted this a few weeks back with the wrong numbers . This Handyman is fantastic. Have use him again recently. You can also reach him at his facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/englishhandymande/?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf     I had a wonderful contractor for the United States remodel my apartment . He did just beautiful work . Was very professional and did even extra work at no or very little cost. I would highly recommend him.  His prices were very reasonable. He name is Mark Mayer . He is in Berlin.  His phone number is 49015255390452. You may contact me 01305-962-3717 (Lou)