Woman invades polar bear enclosure at Berlin Zoo

86 posts in this topic

On this logic, if your neighbour had just spent $2000 on vets fees to save his beloved dog after being run over by a car, you'de ask him how could he waste so much money on a dog when the money could have been used to save 100s of starving children in Africa. Oh and we should eliminate wild elephants in India because they're attacking villagers who are destroying their forests for farmland.

Kinda like my neighbour who told me to get rid of my bird feeder because a bird pooped on his car (btw the feeder is over 30m away from his car). I suggested he just shoot the birds. You know, because we don't have a problem with dwindling bird numbers or anything.

The guy was actually a cleaner who fell into the moat and then was pounced on. He put the bucket over his head as protection. I think I am going to be ill.

No, he didn't fall in, he jumped in, with a pail, then provoked the tigers using a broom. Doesn't sound too much like accident now huh.. And yeah, i guess he wanted his head to stay in shape..

Hoohoo, can you give us some links? I looked at a few news stories and the zoo did try to say he was supposed to be cleaning the chimpanzee cages, and that he was agitated before "jumping" into the tigers' moat, but is there any proof that it wasn't an accident?

Edit: I mean, even if you fell into the tiger-pit accidentally you might find yourself poking at them with your broom to keep them at a distance, don't you think?

Hmm, i am not too sure about the links, was back in Singapore when that happened, so i heard it all from the local news on TV and newspaper. Somehow there was no report of why he was suicidal, just reports that he was agitated before he jumped in with a pail and a broom. shrugs.

Well, I guess it makes no difference to him now whether he did it on purpose or not. Still, a small part of me wonders whether the story of suicide is a convenient cover-up for an accident.

I just think there are muuuuuch better ways of killing yourself. Quicker, more painless, less public ways. Then again, Miss "Swimming With The Polar Bears" definitely did it on purpose.

*shaking head*

Okay, this is probably off topic, but it was getting quite popular jumping off train platforms into incoming trains. its definitely quicker, not so sure about painless, and it is no longer as public as the first jump. But it definitely causes more pain to the affected commuters. BAck to polar bears!!

I must say the cold water in the polar bear pool might be appealing on a hot day. Although the poo floating around is often enough to make me think twice.

Although the poo floating around is often enough to make me think twice.

Just get yourself some hand sanitizer...;)

Okay, it is better than driving into oncoming traffic, I'll give them that. And the animals get a free meal out of it.

I often thought about murdering the ex-wife and somehow throwing her corpse into the lions enclosure once the zoo had closed. Surely there would be nothing left by the morning. Do you think that things like the teeth would still be recognisable in the lion poo? Surely someone has tried it. At times I wish that I was a friend of Siegfried & Roy... What do you all think?

At times I wish that I was a friend of Siegfried & Roy... What do you all think?

I think you need to reconsider that statement...

I often thought about murdering the ex-wife and somehow throwing her corpse into the lions enclosure once the zoo had closed. Surely there would be nothing left by the morning. Do you think that things like the teeth would still be recognisable in the lion poo? Surely someone has tried it. At times I wish that I was a friend of Siegfried & Roy... What do you all think?

I (missing the point entirely of course - me not you) think that it is just a pity that that lion/tiger/gerbil or whatever it was, didn't do them both over, poor cats.