Frankfurt TT Pub Quiz Night @ Dauth Schneider - 7 August 2018 at 19.30

495 posts in this topic

Firstly, I am aware of the weekly Quiz Night in the Irish Pub in Bornheim, however this doesn't start until 9.00pm so that pretty much counts any out-of-towners from participating (as the last S-Bahn back to HTK from Hauptwache is @11.20pm...)

So - do we think we might be able to get critical mass (I'm thinking around 16 people as a minimum i.e. five teams of three + quizmaster) to get an earlier-starting Quiz Night going somewhere in town?

Pretty standard format - 8 rounds of 10 questions plus a picture-based "mid-time teaser" round.

This idea is very much at the conceptual stage - so before we start drilling down into details and logistics, please sign up in this thread if you're interested in a Monday or Tuesday evening central FFM, bi-weekly Quiz Night.

K

Guess I could show up, too.

BUT, I need volounteers to take over my prizes... don't want to walk away with something every other Tuesday... :P

This is great - some real traction :)

@Fluglotse1 - timing is up for debate (we are a democracy after all) - but I would imagine that we start to gather @ 7.00ish for an 8.00ish kick-off, wrapping up by 10.30 latest.

Onto the subject of venue: the wonderful Dauth Schneider has a perfect room for a quiz night (those of us that were at the Burns Lupper in January will attest to this) - but the question is, would Sachsenhausen work for everyone (@Flx and @Ricepaddy - quiet at the back - we know it certainly works for you both...) Dauth Schneider is 150 metres from Lokalbahnhof and all points north - plus it's managed by a Scots-Irish couple who "get" the Quiz Night thing.

I also cased out the Fox & Hounds Pub last night, but sadly I don't think it would be a goer - the focus is on TV sport coverage, which is fair enough as that's what they're known for - and far be it for us to rock the boat.

Any other venue ideas gratefully accepted.

Other things to consider:

Ante: how does €3 per person sound?

Food: would we all be prepared to stump up for a mini-buffet at half-time (basic sandwiches and snacks)?

PA: does anyone have a small Karaoke (or similar) machine that could double as the Quizmaster's PA? (echo effect "Off", natch)

Question setting: suggestion A - I can kick off with the first one, then winner on the night sets the questions for the following Quiz Night

Keep the ideas coming, guys.

K

Dauth Schneider have come back to me and said that they'd be very happy to let us have the room (and spend money on their food and drink ;))

So if you're still up for it, please sign up for the first Frankfurt TT Pub Quiz Night - to be held on Tuesday 19th May, from 19.00 - in this thread.

If you have a ready-made team - great - otherwise, we can "agglomerate" on the night.

K

Kuzzer,

count us in, scout68 and landgraf. Will try to get Karen (colleague of Annette's) to join, so we have a team already.

/bent

A friend forwarded this link - would love to join! Have marked Tuesday, May 19th in my calendar and will also spread the word to some other colleagues and friends!

Sounds good, Kylie and I are in! (And my thanks to Scout for mentioning this to me the other night, I had missed the thread somehow.)

Hi,

just stumbled across this thread and it sparked my interest. is this definitely still happening? If so, count me in.