English-speakers living in Bayreuth

37 posts in this topic

hi- just wondering who in tt is from Bayreuth. i haven't seen many people so far and would love to meet some other english speaker in bayreuth. since i am not at the university anymore, it is more difficult to meet people. :)

There's the Deutsch-Englische Gesellschaft Bayreuth 0921 9800833 - mainly for Germans teaching English in the local schools but you'll find a tatty collection of pukka English speakers lurking there.

Hi I currently work in Bayreuth at BAT. There is a crowd(approx 15) of us "English expats" that go out most weekends in Bayreuth (usually Borrachos). You are welcome to join us, the more the merrier. I can meet you first on my own if you prefer? Let me know if interested. :D

I just moved to BT with my boyfriend. He's German, but I would love to get together with other Americans. Is the group still meeting at Borracho's? Please let me know the next time you plan on meeting and I will try to come as well.

Thanks!

My wife and I live in Speichersdorf, which is approx. 18 KM to the east on B22. We're native English speakers and would be willing to meetup with other folks in the Bayreuth area as well. If you're going to have a get together, post it and at least one of us will be there.

Sorry to barge in but I'll be visiting with German hubby for a day or so in July (not around the Festspiele though). Have a three year old with me too. I've surfed around the tourist websites. Appreciate any insights from folks living there on what one could do in terms of sightseeing for a day or two.

Hi, just found and signed up to this site, im moving to Bayreuth in October and am really worried about the language barrier as i speak very little german! Was hoping to meet some English speaking people who could give me some advice on how they found it? Anyway, anyone who can give me some tips it would be most appreciated, cheers :) x

Hi Bayreuther,

I am living here for last 2 years.

I will be interesting to meet english speaking people around bayreuth.

We could make some program like a get-together, cycling or Kajakfarhen in the frankonia region.

kedar

ok well it seems that there are more English speaking people than I thought in Little Bayreuth! So maybe we could meet one evening in the week. How would that suit everyone, might be easier than at the weekend? How many people would be avaliable on the 22nd July? We could meet somewhere central. Let me know what you think.

Hi, just found and signed up to this site, im moving to Bayreuth in October and am really worried about the language barrier as i speak very little german! Was hoping to meet some English speaking people who could give me some advice on how they found it? Anyway, anyone who can give me some tips it would be most appreciated, cheers x

Hey well I have lived here for 2 years and still only have basic conversation skills in german. Will you be studying or working?

now that rehearsal are almost over I will have more free time.

Anyone up for a beer?

I haven't checked TT in a while and noticed the new posts. Unfortunately I missed the July 22nd gathering. Is there anything new coming up? I'm starting the intensive German course at the University next week. Anyone else enrolled?

Hi everybody! I study in University of Bayreuth.I would love to join any gathering. Is there anybody studying in Uni Bayreuth?

Roger, I'm currently in the Sommeruni at the University. I am there everyday. If you want we can meet up at the Mensa and find out what goes on in this town...

ok great idea, just tell me at what times you are free. If u want, we can meet up at the weekend, is it ok with u?