Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My neighbour has a camera above their front door

47 posts in this topic

Could I ask for theories on why one of my neighbours (real beefcake type - perhaps important?) would have a camera over his door in a really nice quiet private stairwell, in a small quiet town. Reeks of dodgy to me. Maybe it's normal hence my invitation for theories. I'm asking because he accepted delivery of a package belonging to me a few days ago and my gut feeling tells me that something is amiss in this household and I'm not gonna get my pressy. You see I met his girlfriend on the stairs and I helped carry something for her. At their door I asked her for the package - she then proceeded to ring her own door bell and tell me 'he' wasn't in. I was a bit embarrassed at this weirdness so thanked her and said I'd come back later. As I went down the stairs she let herself in. She clearly didn't want me seeing in or something - I don't know. By the way - I am a female about her age so it's not like I scared her. Any ideas?

Strange indeed.

Just pop up now, people are normally around at this time.

Or are you saying you think it's to screen visitors to his app't in the way of customers or authorities?

Yeah - there's defo someone in (because I just helped his girlfriend/wife up to the door of their apartment with a box). I was thinking, if you don't want someone nosing into your apartment wouldn't you pop along to theirs and give them the parcel? I hoped she'd bring it to me, but no. I will go back up - I'm waiting for a bit of time to elapse. The camera just unnerves me a bit.

The camera just unnerves me a bit.

Got a can of spray paint handy?

Went back up - minus Burka as I lent mine to my brother in Munich - no answer. Curiouser and curiouser.

Go back up and knock on the door and tell them you are going to call the police if they don't give you your damn package!

In regards to the camera, it may just be a weird security thing.

My dad installed cameras on his house. He uses it to watch for cats in his garden lol, or when he had a problem with trucks blocking the streets causing cars to drive on the sidewalk.

So he may just be a weirdo like my dad, not necessarily a meth lab * P

Or not so weird - the building where I used to live had a camera on the door too so the very rich people who owned the penthouse flat could see who was at the door before opening it.

Meth Lab! Genius eurovol. LOL

Does the girl wear puffy white jackets, tight jeans, have face/teeth jewelry, and is unnaturally orange-skinned, and black, tightly pulled back hair?

Meth lab.

Maybe she is a prostitute and he is her pimp. Maybe there are 10 Ukranian girls imprisoned in that appartement. I wonder why they dont just use a door viewer like normal paranoid people...

I wonder why they dont just use a door viewer like normal paranoid people...

They probably don't use a door viewer because they're so paranoid someone will hear them walking up to the door to look through the viewer.

Maybe they're just overcautious, or maybe they did some sneaky business awhile back, and don't want to answer the door and find the wrong people standing on the other side? I have no idea. That is really weird behaviour.

Horseshoe7 - The girl is actually as you describe (maybe not puffy jackets though)but she's always been mannerly when we've met her on the stairs (as he has been). They play that mad dance music really loud so it reverberates through the building. We're quite easy going so don't really care but I'm a bit bugged about the package. I have to down play the situation to my husband because the guy in question has already pissed off one of our friends (who also lives in the building) by jamming his door bell on constant one morning (after he'd complained about the music). My husband said he would have gone after him with a claw hammer if he'd done that to us!