Rapists identified, their victim now being sought

286 posts in this topic

No not a night at a gay event, any event not aimed at any particular persuasion and you know one of the guys a bit like she apparently did and you go back with them and then you get raped.

I was following your logic. And to be honest you've obviously not been to many Oktoberfests which is the event in question here. Oktoberfest is known for love, romance, flings, flirts, and sadly the odd rape or two. Anybody who goes home with any stranger or slightly known friend (which we don't know for sure so thats a presumption on your side) of a sexual orrientation which could involve you being involantarily acted apon wants their noodle testing. You might as well write a sign. And I repeat though it does not mean that she is to blame for the rape. That blame lies with the guys. But how many times does it need to be shouted out to be careful?

It would be a lot more ethical if they waited until they had a conviction before publicly naming (arguably) innocent people rapists.

Yeah I kind of agree with you but it's not like this is normal procedure, plus they have a confession that the crime took place and if they don't put the faces out there it's going to be pretty hard to find out who the girl is. Plus they are fishing to see if there are more victims, which they think there are.

My point was exactly what ER is saying, and it's a bit dubious to be saying they have a confession when what they really have is a denial, a no comment, and a "confession" from the guy trying to plea bargin out of it. I'm just saying.

Edit: Dubious on the police's part, not yours, trollydolly.

Is it still true that - No victim, no crime?

There is only one confession from one supposed person involved. His lawyer may have persauded the chap to go into plea barganing. Or the police may have suggested that. The possesion of the drug does not prove the woman was drugged. As there is no victim the photos do not prove that the girl was raped (well they might do but a good lawyer would soon put a question mark on that). If any of these guys get convicted on this evidence then it's a bad precidence. Some lawyer is licking his lips at this case.

Oh and if they are not convicted the release of the photos and personal details is damadging. And costly.

From what the article says, the police do seem to have enough evidence for a conviction - even without the victim coming forward.

I was following your logic. And to be honest you've obviously not been to many Oktoberfests which is the event in question here. Oktoberfest is known for love, romance, flings, flirts, and sadly the odd rape or two. Anybody who goes home with any stranger or slightly known friend (which we don't know for sure so thats a presumption on your side) of a sexual orrientation which could involve you being involantarily acted apon wants their noodle testing. You might as well write a sign. And I repeat though it does not mean that she is to blame for the rape. That blame lies with the guys. But how many times does it need to be shouted out to be careful?

Firstly I'm well aware of the reputation Oktoberfest has. Secondly it wasn't my presumption it was the polices assumption.

And I was following BigEnglishes logic and he didn't say Oktoberfest he said "I assume that she willingly went to the apartment with 3 men after a night out. That in itself is bordering on asking for trouble!!!"

So my argument stands you go back to a blokes place that you vaguely know and according to his logic you gets raped 'you're borderline asking for it'

(sexuality irrelevant straight blokes have raped other blokes before you know)

This thread is already picking up pathetic "she asked for it" momentum, so I'll tune out soon, but I am interested in how they know she was drugged simply from a bunch of photos. It seems as though this is a recent development: The drugs were found recently but the picture is from a year-and-a-half ago. How do they link the two? Or are they not linked yet, hoping that a victim comes forward to tie it all together? That seems like borderline police work if that's the case, honestly.

Probably because pictures of consensual sex show active participation on both parties' side while pictures of the rape of an unconscious woman show an inert figure sprawled helplessly with a guy satisfying his urge on it.

I still want to know how three guys get their mugs in the paper with rape accusations when no one has ever accused them of rape.

There is one confession, one "yeah I screwed her, but it was not like that at all" and one mute with rape drugs in his apartment; most of all, there are the pictures which I am sure were analyzed and evaluated before the guys were charged with not just rape but aggravated rape. Would you be as upset if these were pictures of serial murderers or muggers and the police were looking for further victims?

EDIT: Victims of attempted murder, of course. I don't expect the murdered to rise from their graves to accuse the culprit.

according to his logic you gets raped 'your borderline asking for it'

Ok his logic not mine. But I feel he just expressed it wrongly. She is boardering on stupidly putting herself in the situation of her possibly being considered a possible victim. Same as if I get into a car with a drunken driver while I am too drunk.

EDIT: Do you also lose your drivers licsence if that happens?

I don't think it was an assumption from the police, the article states that the police had "Hinweise" that she knew one of them, Robert, before (fleetingly).

gideon - I semi agree. Although if she did know him fleetingly, like I know some of the people who work for the same company as I do, fleetingly, it may explain why she didn't feel that she was in danger. Perhaps they know the same people etc. Obviously we won't know much more until it's clear who the girl actually is, which is why it's so important to find her.

I agree with sarabyrd, God knows what was captured in those images, it must have been pretty horrific and clear for the police to take this stance.

Ok his logic not mine. But I feel he just expressed it wrongly. She is boardering on stupidly putting herself in the situation of her possibly being considered a possible victim. Same as if I get into a car with a drunken driver while I am too drunk.

I don't think it is anything like getting into a car with a drunk driver because you already know a crime will be committed if he starts up the engine.

So next time you pop back to a mates house after a drinking session (who you don't know that well) just remember. You're asking for it.

Re: your edit, not a clue, I presume you mean the one not doing the driving. I dunno mate.

(sexuality irrelevant straight blokes have raped other blokes before you know)

Can you explain what on earth this statement means?

Cos i'm buggered if I know. ;)

He added a caveat

"Anybody who goes home with any stranger or slightly known friend (which we don't know for sure so thats a presumption on your side) of a sexual orrientation which could involve you being involantarily acted apon"

I simply pointed out that in male on male rape cases it isn't a given that the rapist is gay. In fact some studies I've seen argue they are more likely to be (or self identify as) straight.

Do you see how ridiculous your argument is now?

Well put it this way. If I went unwittingly back to an apartment with 3 girls I would certainly expect to be dessicated by breakfast time.

I stand by my words, you have a few drinks and then knowingly go back to an apartment with 3 men...you are putting yourself at risk. It is borderline (especially if you knew they are dealers, but that is not assumed) asking for trouble. No doubt about it. It could have been avoided.

I totally condem what has allegedly happened btw.

Oh, and something that really worries me is that there are people out there who willingly take KO drugs and let this happen as it is something that they want to try.

I stand by my words, you have a few drinks and then knowingly go back to an apartment with 3 men...you are putting yourself at risk. It is borderline (especially if you knew they are dealers, but that is not assumed) asking for trouble. No doubt about it.

And I stand by mine if you get raped by another bloke in those circumstances by your logic BE2009 you asked for it.

And I stand by mine if you get raped by another bloke in those circumstances by your logic BE2009 you asked for it.

It's very easy. I would NOT go back to an apartment with 3 men that I did not know. Not even to see some puppies, yet alone for a game of cocaine fuelled naked twister.

Stop changing the parameters. Three blokes after a drinking session one of which you vaguely know. And you don't know they are drug dealers.