English-speaking marriage counselors in Frankfurt

14 posts in this topic

Need help, Toytowners :(

Close friends of mine are looking for a marriage counselor if they are to save their relationship. If you can recommend someone who has experience with mixed-nationality couples and speaks both English /German, I'd be very very grateful.

We are wondering if anyone has any specific recommendations for *English speaking* (with German also, but excellent English is required!) marriage counselors in the *Darmstadt* area??? We will be in the process of moving there in the next couple of months, and it would be great if we could have someone to see when we get there.

Thank you for any help you can offer us, in advance.

I know an English speaking counsellor near Frankfurt (Darmstadt) who's a member of the American Psychological Association. Dariush Barsfeld, M.A. www.crisis-solution.de Unfortunatley I don't know if his services are covered by those German public health insurances?

Good luck! Greg

Klara Jaeger is a native English speaking therapist in Frankfurt. I see her for indivudual therapy sessions, but she states on her homepage that she also sees couples. I can only recommend her!

Hi,

It's Cynthia here from the PsyShrink Psychology Practice. We moved our practice to downtown Frankfurt and are no longer in Bad Homburg. You can find the directions to our new practice on our website: PsyShrink Frankfurt.

Warm wishes,

Cynthia

I went through this with my wife and we were lucky to find a Verband that is called iaf Verband binationaler Familien und Partnerschaften (Bi-national families and partnerships) where they were able to help us. That was already 3 years ago and we are still benefiting from all those talks.More info at:

www.verband-binationaler.de

Ludolfusstr. 2-4, D-60487 Frankfurt am Main

Tel: 069 / 71 37 56-0

Fax: 069 / 70 75 092

Email:info[at]association-binationaler.de

Their counselors are fluent in English (Frau Sitorus) and they are certified psychologists and counselors. I cannot recommend them more.

Hope that this helps those looking for counselors in Frankfurt.

Regards

Fign

Wondering if, after a few years, anyone else has another recommendation? It seems from Dr. Barsfeld's website that he has stopped practicing due to health reasons. Getting to Frankfurt for an appt. really conflicts with our work schedules. Hoping someone knows of someone in Darmstadt (a bonus if they accept German health insurance) before we start looking into an internet based option. Thanks!

On 10/27/2016, 2:05:11, ByeByeAmericanPie said:

Wondering if, after a few years, anyone else has another recommendation? It seems from Dr. Barsfeld's website that he has stopped practicing due to health reasons. Getting to Frankfurt for an appt. really conflicts with our work schedules. Hoping someone knows of someone in Darmstadt (a bonus if they accept German health insurance) before we start looking into an internet based option. Thanks!

Any luck @ByeByeAmericanPie ?