Knitting and crafting nights in Hamburg

247 posts in this topic

Spezial market for fabrics and everything needed for craft work in Hamburg

on Saturday 12.6.2010 :)

Stoffmarkt Holland

http://www.stoffmarktholland.de/stoffmarkt/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=7

Hamburg

Alsterdorfer Markt/Dorothea-Kasten-Str.

10:00 - 17:00

I've never been there but it looks interesting, so if your are looking for special fabrics - maybe this is the place to go!For more details, check out their webpage.

Enjoy

Mara

Hey fellow crafters :)

I would be interested in joining you if you have any more events in the pipe-line. Anyone fancy meeting up if no big events planned? It is getting perilously close to Autumn/Winter so I need to get some of my many, many ongoing projects finished ;-)

Cheers

Kathryn

hi,

I'd also be interested in meeting. No plans in the pipe-line as far as I know.

Catherine

Yep, we need to get this back up and running for sure...I need some wool and material tho before I can commit!

- Anyone know any good (cheap) material shops - I think dressmaking is what I want to get into this year!!

Cheers

Sarah

My fave place to buy cheap dressmaking fabrics is at a market in Altona (Neue Grosse Bergstr.) that is on each Wednesday and Saturday. There are two stalls there and they have lots of curtain type fabrics and various dress fabrics. Sometimes they have great stuff, other times loads of crap, but always worth a look (even if it is just to laugh at the floral printed stretch polyester).

I would also like to join in with a crafting/sewing type activity. Unfortunately I can't host though, sleeping kidlets and social activities don't go so well. Is someone else able to host?

I would recommend to shop for tools, wool and material on Ebay. There are plenty of offers from private sellers. Last winter I've purchased huge amount of wool for less than 15 euros. You won't find any cheaper in local shops.

By tbe way, i would be very interested to join anyone who would like to dress-make. I have many Burda Moden journals & i would be more than happy to share.