Knitting and crafting nights in Hamburg

247 posts in this topic

Hello! Is anyone interested in meeting up for a knitting circle?

I noticed there was a Stitch and Bitch group in Hamburg. Is that group still active?

I'm a newbie knitter and my friend who taught me just moved away. It would be great to occasionally meet up with some other people interested in knitting for a Knitting Night. If "Stitch and Bitch" is still active, are there any knitters there?

Stitch and Bitch is still alive, just on a hiatus as we have all been traveling, but we plan to start up again next week, however this is daytime thing. Don't know if that suits you?

Oh my gosh! I have been trying to teach myself...and I just cant get it started! I need guidance!! I tried watching videos on youtube, but just couldnt get it going :(

I am totally up for having a meeting...anytime!!!

Hello! I got a msg from Steph that there are some people who meet for knitting in the evenings. When I hear more info from Steph or the Knitters, I'll post the info on this thread. :)

Hi all -

I'd love to do an evening Stitch n Bitch - the other Toytown group meets during the day and I work during regular office hours.

The only night I can't make it is Tuesdays.

Anyone else???

I am interested. Would like to learn a more about knitting. I can only barely do dish cloths at the moment. So shall we pick our first night? I am happy to have it here.

Well, I'm obviously in for Knitting Night! :) Just let me know when and where. I think it would be nice if we all brought a little snack to share. Looking forward to hearing more details!

Hi all,

New to Hamburg, but not to knitting. However, I really am struggling to find the motivation to finish my boyfriend's teacosy alone... basic though it is :) . Let me know when and where and hopefully I'll be able to make it. I'd love to meet some new people.

Cheers

Althea

I propose Thursday night. Anyone game?

Now for the big question: do we meet at a café or in someone's home? I don't mind hosting (Eimsbüttel) and I know Steph volunteered, too - but if we are scattered all over the place, maybe a central location would be good.

Thursday night is good. I'm in Altona Nord so your place or Steph's is fine for me... but equally happy to do it at a cafe if it's more convenient for others.

I am interested as well. I am relocating to Hamburg from Munich at the end of the month, so I hope to join you in April. Also available to host some time (Klein Borstel). Looking forward to meeting some new people!

Then why don't we move it around? Steph volunteered, but if she doesn't want to do it at her place on such short notice we can have it at my place. We can rotate in the weeks after that.

Now I have to go and find another project to start... :)

Hello! I'm in Eimsbuttel, too...so Eims would be more convenient for me, but I'll try to make it wherever is best for everyone else. :)

Hello,

I would really like to come and do some knitting too - I have been trying to learn 'knitting in the round' after watching people doing it really fast (and seemingly without paying attention)

on the train!! how do they do this? its amazing!

emma x

Steph said OK to her place on Thursday. Woohoo!

I'll let her post the details, but plan on Thursday evening!

Hi All,

I live in Othmarchen...just a short walk from the station or steps from the number 1 bus. PM for my address details if you are planning on coming on Thursday night.

Shall we say between 6:30 - 9:30 ish? You don't have to be here on time, just some where in between those times. Looking forward to it.

Stephanie

I really want to come tonight - but Im afraid I cant make it. Hope you all have fun!

If its on again please let me know, thursdays arent great for me but I will try my hardest to

make the next meeting.

emma x

Emma - what days are good for you? There's no need to have it on Thursdays.

The only day I can't make it is Tuesdays.

monday evenings are usually good for me!

dont feel like you have to change it for me though - if everyone is happy with thurs i can try and move things round.

emma x