Queer Beer Thursdays - BBQing with my honey!

440 posts in this topic

Newly started in January 2009, a group of English-speaking gay expats living in Berlin plans to get together to chew the fat and set the world to rights over beer, wine or whatever takes their fancy.

Why not join us either to increase your circle of friends, get to know others with a similar life experience, see if you're keeping up with the Joneses abroad or simply to practise your English?

All are welcome, and not just gay men, we’d love to see women there, too.

Location is often Sharon Stonewall in Mitte, but this can sometimes vary. Check this thread for details each week. Get email updates by tracking the topic.

Post a reply to this thread if you intend to come. We hope to see you there.

Please forward this news to your friends, too. We want to get the word out.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>See also the discussion archive from previous weeks.</span>

Hope to see all English speaking LGBTTI (That is Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Transsexual, Intersex - I am very PC these days) folk at the wonderful Perle bar, Sredzkistr. 64 (between Rykestrasse and Prenzlauer Allee) at 9 pm. DSL says bring a covered casserole and a friend!

Thanks Editor Bob for optimizing this event posting. Fantastic! Look forward to seeing everyone tonight. Just saw "Milk" last night and still find myself crying this morning.

Nice to see everyone last week. Some have been making a suggestion that we rotate bars from week to week. Others prefer it to be just a stagger home. Would like to hear other opinions on this. If we want this to be a traveling side-show, please make suggestions as to bars and neighborhoods...

you live in Friedrichshain! Hop on the M10 and you are there in 15 minutes top. Where would you have us move it to? Again, we are open to suggestions...

The plan is to keep this at Perle for a while until we build up a regular crowd. Once it gets sunny again, we will definitely hit the beer gardens. If it continues to grow, then we may also consider doing events in different parts of town. The obvious areas right now, though, would be Prenzlauer Berg and Schoeneberg. But we could envision having events now and then in Kreuzberg and Friedrichshain. In fact, there was already one excursion to Schwuz.

I'm happy with where things take place now but would be happy to move around too. Because I'm just so happy about everything. The nice thing about Perle is that we seem to have colonised that 'upstairs' bit of the bar and can all get round a few tables. What other bars would be good logistically?

We tend to start a little bit later than average. One of us tries to be there by 9 or 9:15 p.m. Some stay really late (but others including myself, tend to leave a little earlier because of work). Perle is an intimate place and barkeepers Roberto (from Portugal) and Oliver are always friendly and steer people to the group. We usually sit in the lounge area upstairs. It's great fun. Hope to see you tonight.

Another 20 person plus night. Very successful thanks to Robby's work and the Toytown staff being supportive of alternative nights out. Thanks for all who helped out today. We owe you! Come next time.